Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pools in the Netherlands?
Quote | Reply
I have been traveling quite a bit for work to Holland. so far, due to the quick turnaround, I have not missed too many swimming sessions. However, that is about to change. Any STers out there have experience with available swimming pools in the Utrecht area? I know there's a University there but noone I asked seems to know if they even have a pool.

I have to suffer with a lifecycle for riding but it's better than nothing. running is always the easy one, you can do that anywhere.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Pools in the Netherlands? [Weege] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To the best of my knowledge, they have plenty of public pools. Having said this, I've moved from Holland to the Beautiful USA in 1988.... Good luck ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Lifecycle"?! You can't beg, borrow or steal a real bicycle in Holland?!

For pools in Utrecht, try these:

Aquacenter Den Hommel
Kennedylaan 5

De Kromme Rijn
Weg naar Rhijnauwen 3

Zwembad De Kwakel
Paranadreef 10

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Last edited by: IronDad: May 3, 05 10:09
Quote Reply
Re: Pools in the Netherlands? [IronDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know I know. The stationary bike is a bitter consession but I'm not sure one of those single speed bikes with a basket would suffice. How nice it would be if more towns in the U.S. accommodated bikes as well as they do in Holland. Think how much less obesity we'd have!

Thanks so much for the pool tips,,,I'll look into it right away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not sure where utrecht is, but i found if you just ask a lot of people all around and look around (staff at hotels, bike shops, running shops, even on maps in phone books, etc.) you will find tons of excellent public pools. i found many in Amsterdam and in distant outlying areas. price is reasonable too--usually 3 euro or less...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply