Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile Design S-bends
Quote | Reply
some of you read my write-up on building björn's P3C, including profile design's new S-bend bars.

as a clarification, and specifically to profile design's contracted athletes who wondered how a non-profile athlete can end up with a coveted product before they get it, let me explain.

profile sends me a prototype, from time to time, and asks for my advice to see whether, in my opinion, they are on the right course. such was the case with this set of s-bends, the only set in north america.

when björn came over to my shop, i was building my tiphoon and he was to build his P3C at the same time. i'd intended to put the profile bars on my tiphoon to evaluate, and report back to profile, but they were the ONLY bars i had that would work appropriately on the P3C. so i exercised judgment (maybe bad) and put them on a bike that was certainly going to get a lot more airplay than anything i would ride.

as a result, björn has a set of bars before the athletes who most deserve to have them first (profile's own athletes). this is my fault, not profile's. what i can report is that this is a first-rate product, and is SOOO much more comfortable and ergonomic, according to The Bear, than what he was riding.

there are certain profile athletes that i think will especially like these bars. peter reid comes to mind, with his riding style, set-up, and long levers.

as for my "evaluation" i have a more complete product review coming. but, until then, very nice bars. nice product. nice engineering. solid, but still adjustable. works nicely with the current tri bike geometries out there. nice hand positions, better than the great majority of bars in the market. they'll be worth the wait.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design S-bends [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was checking out the Hed S-bend clip-ons last night on their site. US$195 for alloy clip-on extensions (and $250 for the carbons) is ludicrous. I hope the Profile S-bends won't enter such hilariously absurd realms.

I'll stick with my Syntace C2s for now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did someone get their wrist slapped? ;o)

While you're spilling the beans...is their any news on the "new" bracket to lower the armrests? Or...does this go back to the recall a few years ago?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design S-bends [Smitty8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Smitty--does seem an odd post. like we walked into the middle of a conversation.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design S-bends [Mookie1986] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The price is in their ads and IIRC they're pretty cheap. Something like $40 for the base bar and $80 for the clip-ons.

The OEM war between Visiontech and Profile for late 2005 and 2006 should be interesting. Two great bar set-ups and a great value. Quality can't even keep the VT's in stock in the off season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Did someone get their wrist slapped? ;o)"

well, sorta. but, all is well.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OOOOOOHMIIIIYGOOOOODNESSSSS, Did the legendary Slowman just pull a TSR?
Last edited by: Ze Gopha: May 2, 05 20:01
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design S-bends [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe he was feeling all warm and squishy inside because Tibbsy made a comeback

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I was checking out the Hed S-bend clip-ons last night on their site. US$195 for alloy clip-on extensions (and $250 for the carbons) is ludicrous. I hope the Profile S-bends won't enter such hilariously absurd realms.

I'll stick with my Syntace C2s for now.
The guy at the profile booth told me something like $90 for the aluminums and $150 for the carbons. Yes, they will make them in carbon too.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design S-bends [KingK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that price might be worth a look

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those of you that visisted the Profile Design booth at Wildflower may have seen sampes of the T2+ aluminum clip on, T2 Wing base bar, and the T2 Cobra Carbon clip on. The target United States S.R.P. for the aluminum T2+ is $79.99 and the T2 Wing base bar is $59.99 and these items are 45-60 days out while the T2 Cobra which will be a much later arrival is $150-$160.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan -

You are now officially off the hook and Triathlete Mag online is on the hot seat!

So....repost those pix of Bjorn's bars!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know they are good tri-bar but why is the guy in the lab coat holding himself?
Last edited by: chris_gr: May 10, 05 21:37
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design S-bends [chris_gr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And notice that the other guy is trying hard not to watch the guy holding himself, but can't help but sneak a peek.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design S-bends [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That guy looks like he is thinking "Good god, not again...". Fortunately Peter Reid seems to be unaware of what is going on. Just wait until he is asked to cough.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design S-bends [chris_gr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just out of interest cause it has been bugging me for a while, but who makes Peter Reids Tri Cltohing - i know it is branded Reebox, but is it actually?
Quote Reply