Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another PC anecdote that might explain some things people report ...
Quote | Reply
One very common report we get is reduced (or zero) muscle soreness despite improved marathon times.

Recently got an email from an Italian user named Stafano Rosati. I think he is an ex pro and coach over there. Anyhow, last year he won this stage race in Italy that ends in an uphill time-trial. After the race he had his blood analyzed and his CPK (a measure of muscle damage) was about 300. This year, after training on PC's he improved his time on this time-trial (and won the race again, making up a 1 minute deficit at the start and winning by 3 minutes - he was 4 minutes faster than his rivals). He also report he had a 45 second period where his power averaged 700 watts at a cadence of 95. He said he would send us the power data.

Anyhow, after the race had his blood analyzed again. His CPK was about 60. This is an amazing difference (300 last year and 60 this year). One would presume the effort was similar since this years time was faster. Assuming it holds for running also, would explain the reduced soreness people see after setting PB's compared to before PC's.

Thought those of you interested in (or owners of) PC's would be interested in this. For the other half of you I have to ask why you clicked on this but since you did I accept this is not a scientific study and one possible explanation is placebo effect. Anyhow, gives us something else that needs to be studied.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Another PC anecdote that might explain some things people report ... [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure is amazing

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: Another PC anecdote that might explain some things people report ... [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frank, you are a good engineer--make the darn things slightly cheaper (even if they become heavy as boat anchors) and maybe more people will actually try them (like me) and maybe you will get more statistiacally significant results and knuckleheads like "oracle/committe/big cheese/name of the week" will leave you alone?

almost a thousand bucks for a crank is just too much...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
I agree ..somewhat [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes...they are expensive. But, for me, they have moved past an experimental tool to an essential tool. As essential as my tri bike. I'd pay $2000 for them knowing what I know now.

Doug in Michigan

Quote Reply