Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Young Frankenstein
Quote | Reply
No-holds-barred, risk-taker that I am, I'm gonna lay it all on the line here and say that this is the funniest film of all time.

Anyone disagree?

Besides...it's waaay too stuffy in here.....

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Re: Young Frankenstein [tryemdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Certainly one of my top five.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
funniest film of all time.

Quick Change.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My votes:

1. Blazing Saddles

2. Airplane 2

3. Caddy Shack

4. Young Frankinstein

5. Sherlock Holmes Smarter Brother (If you liked Young Frankinstein -- you will like this lesser know but very funny movie)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"No-holds-barred, risk-taker that I am, I'm gonna lay it all on the line here and say that this is the funniest film of all time.

Anyone disagree?

Besides...it's waaay too stuffy in here.."

You're a sheep. You obviously can't think for yourself and have been drinking the Mel Brooks Kool-Aid. You're evil and your kind are bringing down society around us by endorsing the blatant exploitation of people with humped backs (they prefer, by the way, to be referred to as "dorsally challenged") Apparently you are an enormous idiot.

Just thought I'd make sure this thread had that special Lavendar Room touch to it. ;-)

Some films for consideration:

The Gods Must be Crazy (put me on the floor)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (I know it's cliche, but it's damn funny)
The Pink Panther (a French accent makes almost anything funnier)
This is Spinal Tap (no need for explanation)

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Last edited by: slowguy: Apr 23, 05 17:31
Quote Reply
Re: Young Frankenstein [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never seen "This is Spinal Tap" but clearly need to. The other three in your list are amazing, and I love "The Gods Must be Crazy", and I have one of the all time best impersonations of the clicking noises used in the movie.

While in HS I took 2 courses at Cornell University, and I randomly got put in "African Cinema". The professor was amazing, and he opened my eyes to an entire continent that still to today people ignore all to often. But I brought up "The Gods" as a joke one day in class and he loved it, I'm sure that didn't hurt my A.

My Dad introduced me to "The Gods", "Monty Python" and "The Pink Panther" and I've been ruined with his sense of humor ever since.

You have incredible taste in films, you have to be a good guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great movie. Same with all the others mentioned by other posters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Oooohhhhh! What an enormous schwanstucker!"

Overall, it's #1, but on a slightly warped day "Blazing Saddles" can challenge for the title.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Animal House

Ferris Beuller's Day Off

Raising Arizona

Best In Show

Dogma (I know, offensive to many.)

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

The Blues Brothers (my brother was in the audience at the Hollywood Palladium scenes - even though it was supposed to be some place in Illinois)

Blazing Saddles

Something About Mary

And, in touch with my feminine side, My Best Friend's Wedding.

Oh, this is an inclusion to movies already mentioned.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Last edited by: HalfSpeed: Apr 24, 05 20:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a box office success, but Mystery Men is a riot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys have to get out and see Kung Fu Hustle. Very funny.
Quote Reply
Re: Young Frankenstein [damn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You guys have to get out and see Kung Fu Hustle. Very funny.
Shaolin Soccer???

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to agree with "Best in Show". Maybe not the funniest ever made, but if you are a dog owner, it's really funny. I have a weimaraner and the part with the weim is hysterical.

Another from Monty Python (pretty much anything from them) is "Life of Brian". Very funny stuff.

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy....now piss off!!!!". ----gets me every time.

Dan
póg mo thóin
Quote Reply
Re: Young Frankenstein [dteed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have to agree with "Best in Show". Maybe not the funniest ever made, but if you are a dog owner, it's really funny. I have a weimaraner and the part with the weim is hysterical.

Another from Monty Python (pretty much anything from them) is "Life of Brian". Very funny stuff.

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy....now piss off!!!!". ----gets me every time.

Monty Python is GREAT!!!!

But -- This thread started out with Young Frankenstein. Gene Wilder is a very funny guy. From Blazing Saddles to "Stir Crazy" with Richard Pryor - Gene Wilder has taken comedy to a new level.

So hats off to the Young Frankinstein - Mr. Gene Wilder
Quote Reply
Re: Young Frankenstein [Sparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are absolutely correct...Gene Wilder is the common denominator. Brilliant. It's also great to watch him in one of my all-time favorites, "Willy Wonka and the Chocalate Factory". I watched this with my 4 year old daughter recently, and she loved it too (just because of the candy and the oompa loompa's). It's a shame they're going to remake it...Johnny Depp couldn't hold Gene Wilder's jock strap.

Dan
póg mo thóin
Quote Reply