Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Tri Team Formed - Tips for Success?
Quote | Reply
My co-worker and I have just formed a company Tri Team at work to participate in the Corporate Challenge at the Nautica Malibu Triathlon on Sept 25, 2005. I am very open to tips and ideas on how to make something like this go big. We have over 35 people interested.

Also, as we are compiling relay teams, we are of course coming up short on swimmers. The team can be made up of as much as 1/3 non employee members so I am inviting any SoCal Triathletes or swimmers who want to just do a swim leg to be part of this team. You will get any schwag we come up with for the team. We are located in Glendale and that is where much of the meetings will be along with training sessions at the Rose Bowl.

Please post your advice and PM interest in joining. Cost is $50 per event leg and you must raise $125 for Elizabeth Glaser Pediactric Aids Foundation.
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Team Formed - Tips for Success? [MHCoburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man! you need to read the thread on sponsors @ letsrun.

On second thought, no you dont. If i'm out there in sept I'd be up for a quick dip in the big blue. Can I swim the whole thing fly? Any chance I can get Robin Williams on my team?

Powerbar is not my employer and has never given me shit. Strive for mediocrity.
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Team Formed - Tips for Success? [LaWoof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just kidding brother/sister. I mean....I'll swim for a team and all that, raise money for good people and all. I'm just kidding about the "never given me shit" and all.

Sorry fella. Daddy's trying to quit the sause and tonights his last night to partake in the sweet nectar of life. Does Gilby's vodka count as alcohal or can we just qualify it as swill and move on to the Makers Mark?

We'll be ok tomorrow, I'll post apoligies and all.

Love those powerbars, cant get enough of em. Is it healthy to live on them for days at a time?
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Team Formed - Tips for Success? [MHCoburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
develop interest in others to help you run the team. Spread the workload out to give as many as possible a vested interest in it's success. Approach potential sponsors with a here is what I can do for you approach vs a what can you do for me approach. Get the team going to more than one race, make it a lifestyle at your company not a one off thing once a year. Organize lunch, before or after work workouts. Get articles posted on the company intranet. Get publicity for your sponsors w/ newspaper articles, tv time etc.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply