Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where's Pink Boy?
Quote | Reply
After his IM finish, I can't think of seeing anything posted by him. Anyone know what he's up to?

Quote | Reply
Last Logon: Jan 25, 2005, 7:18 PM

He posted his race repost last I remember.

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply
Re: Where's Pink Boy? [Football Mom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
After his IM finish, I can't think of seeing anything posted by him. Anyone know what he's up to?
I think the power of the pussy has taken over!!

"Your limits are self imposed"
Quote Reply
Re: Where's Pink Boy? [ironroo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And you kiss your mother with that mouth!?!

Quote | Reply
He went round Ironman Australia in 10:39:58. Became a dad about two weeks later to a young girl called - wait for it - Kona.

A few months back, the great Pinkboy has left his job as an early childood teacher (think pre-school, kindergarten) to become a coal miner. He reasoned he could earn more in two shifts down a mine than what he could earn in a week in early childhood teaching.

Consequently, he doesn't get out much these days, but his legend lives on.

[reply]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great post. I've wondered that myself. Since we live now in an era of stiffling conservative mass conformity he was a refreshing "dare to be different".

Glad GD answered it for us. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Where's Pink Boy? [Geoff Dickson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you for real?

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LJ,

I sat with Mr Pinkboy and Mrs Pinkboy at IM Australia carbo and awards night. Can confirm that their new babygirl is named KONA.

No doubt he is very busy enjoying being a new dad.

3 more daughters and he catches up to me!

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Where's Pink Boy? [Hairy Legs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And a few hours off of his Ironman PR :-)

Quote | Reply
The little pink bit has indeed been named Kona.
The announcement by the Pink One himself is here:
http://forums.transitions.org.au/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=10820&hl=kona&s=5b145bb163515df39e7ad7e41ea5b219[url]
Quote Reply
Re: Where's Pink Boy? [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the legend at work

http://www.wimdedoncker.be
Quote Reply
Re: Where's Pink Boy? [wimothy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know how active he is but I logged onto Transitions ( the aussie forum) and PMed him that we would like some pics of the baby. Hopefully he will surface.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi guys

I still lurk from time to time, but have rarely had time to post.

Most of what you hear is true. I left my job as a Child Educator in a childcare centre to be a tiler (floor and wall tiler, no rooves) and I occasionally work in a coalmine (yes its true - 1 shift = more than a weeks wages in a centre).

My Liz had our beautiful daughter Kona Isabella on 10th April and she has been keeping me on my toes since. If someone shoots me an email I can send them a photo for them to post on here.

This coming Wednesday we will be moving into our brand spanking new house which we purchased 18mths ago 'off the plan' which has finally been built, another of my time consuming activities. So another life changing experience. You can only live with your 'in-law' parents for so long - ahhh!

And I even fit in an IM in there somewhere, and planning to enter IMWA if the Financial Controler (Liz) allows in November. Im planning to try and qualify for Hawaii before I move up into the next AG, so Ill be back a little stronger hopefully!

pinkdaddy

In the power never given to me in the name of slowman, king high ruler and Grand Hunky Poo Ba of the blessed land of Slowtwitchia I dub thee "Sir pinkboy the Awsomator" This honor is given to thee for the reason of being not only freakin' awsome but totally sweet. By the use of the color Pink to fly your freak flag and bring smiles to frowny faces. *Mr. Tibbs*

Quote Reply