Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: P3C Dimensions: An interesting difference between the "name" of the size and the actual measurements of the frame (photos). [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Very interesting. I think I am one of those who also likes to ride at about 75-76 degrees.

And I have no complaints about my P2. The only thing I sometimes wish Cervelo had was another seatpost head option, one that basically clamped the saddle's rails, not behind or ahead of the seatpost (depending on which position it was in) like the current head, but directly above the seatpost (similiar to a straight thomson post). This would easily allow a 75-76 degree position without the necessity of sliding the saddle most of the way forward or most of the way back. And such a seatpost head could potentially be far simpler (and far lighter) than the current head, as it would not have to support a rider's weight cantilevered so far forward or backward, which obviously requires an immensely strong seatpost head.

There you go, a free product idea. If you ever made one, believe me, you would sell many of these as an accessory upgrade...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: P3C Dimensions: An interesting difference between the "name" of the size and the actual measurements of the frame (photos). [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just post more Pictures for us to see.

Regards,

Mike
Houston, Texas
Quote Reply
Re: P3C Dimensions: An interesting difference between the "name" of the size and the actual measurements of the frame (photos). [miketris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're so swamped with sold bikes we haven't even finished building the P3C's. Austin Tri Cyclist beat us to the punch by weeks.

Most big Cervelo dealers have P3C's now.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: P3C Dimensions: An interesting difference between the "name" of the size and the actual measurements of the frame (photos). [AustinTriCyclst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this was a great thread.

I ride a 55cm lemond road bike - which means a 56.5cm top tube and a 55 cm seat tube - c-c, 56 c-t. I replaced the 110mm stem with a 100, and it fits great. I 've still got all the spacers it came with maybe 3 cm, but the stem is flat , so it doesn't look like a 5 a.m. woody ....LOL.

I have 56 cm dual. In the aero position, the only way i can ride it, using AERO bars, the effective top tube is 530mm I think,,,,and I've got a flat 110mm stem on it - an old 3TTT Mutant, a stem that would truly look stupid flipped up.

I had a 54 delivered first, but I felt like the drop from seat to stem was too much, even with the stem turned up, so had a 56 sent instead.

now I'm in a good position, and have a lot of room to improve as I get more used to the position.

that's a lot to look forward to , and one reason I think it's great the bike is delivered the way it is.

If the steerer had been hacked off so that only 1 or 2 cm of spacers could fit, I'd probably have to go to a 58, and then i'd be too high.

or maybe it would work , I don't know , but I know this , the better I get , the lower i'mm going.......

i've always loved the traditional road position, but I'm really starting to dig my dual......

"the trouble with normal is - it always gets worse"

- Cockburn
Quote Reply

Prev Next