Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer customer service...UPS lack of same
Quote | Reply
So, I had my first Computrainer customer service experience this past week. Those guys are great!!!. My unit went on the fritz right at the tail end of a Vo2 test last Thursday afternoon. I emaild Computrainer friday morning, got my RA# and shipped the required parts to them. Note, I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, they are in Seattle Washington, not exactly close. I was guaranteed by Purolator that the package would be there Monday...it wasn't(this is significant later on). It arrived Tuesday, the analysed it, found the problem, repaired it, and had back in transit wednesday morning, two day expedited UPS to arrive on my doorstep Friday afternoon, as I had a busy weekend of testing scheduled. Kudos to the guys at Computrainer for moving quickly, and shipping it back in time for my weekend business. I am very impressed with their efforts, and their attention to my needs.

Now, UPS on the other hand. I was pretty anxious about it not getting here, with it having to get through customs again coming back, but it made it through no problem, and arrived at my local depot friday morning and was scanned as being on the truck for delivery. 4pm comes along and it's still not here. I call, and am assured that everything is fine, and they deliver to residential addresses until 8pm. Okay, cool. I check it again online around 6pm, and there is now an error notice attached to the waybill #. I call again, and find out that my package was placed on the wrong truck in the morning, and this was not discovered until the end of the day, and it was back at the depot awaiting monday delivery. they were apologetic, but everything was closed, they don't deliver on Saturdays, so I'm now screwed for the weekend. I was beyond livid at this point. To have a weekends worth of business shot, plus how this affects my reputation with my clients, I'm not impressed. All I've gotten from them is apologies so far, but no attempts to make ammends, and correct the wrong they did. I've seen too many issues on this forum regarding UPS, i'm pretty sure I won't be using them ever again. Ditto for Purolator, as had my package arrived in Seattle on monday like I was promised, i would have had a day's leeway to accomodate a UPS screw up, but instead i got double screwed by two courrier companies. Not a good weekend around this household.

To sum up, Computrainer rocks, UPS does not.

Ian MacLean
http://www.imfit.ca
Success comes when fear of failure goes
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer customer service...UPS lack of same [Ian MacLean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You get the Record10Carbon award of the week. DId you take a baseball bat to a UPS truck?

Anyway, good to see you posting again.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer customer service...UPS lack of same [Ian MacLean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tim Becker and the guys at CT rock! The machines are all built (yes, machined metal wigets and all) in-house so there is no delay waiting on some ching-shin piece.

The CT crew is also extremely active with the local racing scene sponsoring many local events, bringing the Olympic qualifier to Washington (it was supposed to be in Seattle BTW) and much more. Not only does the CT dominate every other trainer it is an easy company to deal with that also promotes our sport in every concievable way.

John Teeters
866-508-4676
john@triumph-multisport.com
http://www.triumph-multisport.com

Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer customer service...UPS lack of same [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what did I win? Perhaps a lead filled aluminum baseball bat, for the next time UPS screws me over?

Okay, I'm over it now. I'm just curious to see if they are going to do anything to compensate me, and how long it will take.

On another note, it's good to be back, got busy setting things up and getting running, but time management is much better now, so I can waste more time floating around here.:)

Congrats on IMAZ btw. That was some serious mental toughness to push through with those nasty-ass feet!!

Ian MacLean
http://www.imfit.ca
Success comes when fear of failure goes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn those people who make mistakes. What are they? Human?
Quote Reply