Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Where to stay in Kona? [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I couldn't get a room at the King Kam my next choice would be the Royal Kona. Nicer Hotel than the King Kam and still very close to everything.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to stay in Kona? [slick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stayed there before which is why I am tempted to stay there again. i thought that royal kona was far to walk and it's only 1 mile...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMHO, the two best places in Kona are Kona Islander, smaller efficiency suites, but a nice complex and right in the middle of the action. Kona Alii, if there are any available now. It is a full condo, most are quite nice, full kitchen, 1 bed, 2 baths, w/d. A bit more expensive, but a perfect location. Both are on the course and across the street from the expo.

As mentioned above, the travel agencies do book units and offer them with travel packages. I believe you will pay more through an agent, but it may be worth it.

Friends of ours stayed at Uncle Billy's last year. "Seedy" was the word they used.

Support Crew

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out tripadvisor.com. No matter where you're going you can get reliable reviews from all kinds of people who have stayed in every imaginable accomodation. I picked Emdeko condos based on reviews from this site.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to stay in Kona? [skeets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just remember that those reviews are probably composed primarily from non Ironman vacationers. During the Ironman proximity is key because of the number of times you come into central Kona. There's the morning swim, registration, check ins, conferences, the expo, the merchandise shop, the parade, lunch and dinner...etc. Being very close to town is better than a real swanky condo for most people Ironman week. Any other time I'd take the swanky condo.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to stay in Kona? [slick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI-King Kam still has rooms. I made reservations for a week with OF room last night. Paying for my son's college education is now in jeopardy with their mark up but this is my first and possibly only time to do the big dance and I want to be right there in the eye of the storm. They will require you to stay from the 13-17thish. Good Luck. Hawkman
Quote Reply
Re: Where to stay in Kona? [Hawkman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much is the King Kam?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$250/nite

Prev Next