Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

As my fitness improves... What is more beneficial?
Quote | Reply
After 2 1/2 years of HR Zone training and 20# of weight loss, I'm finally able to actually run in my high Z1, Low Z2. Last year most of my run training was redlining Z2 and any sort of incline put me into my Z3 zone.

So the question is... This being my 3rd year of endurance training... Is it more beneficial to keep the same pace at the lower end of Z2 or should I increase pace to again redline the Z2 HR zone? Would having a lower HR on my long runs actually improve my aerobic fat buring capabilities or 8-12 beats doesn't make much of a difference? Meaning aerobic is aerobic no matter how low or high, just as long as it's aerobic.
Quote Reply
Re: As my fitness improves... What is more beneficial? [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not continue with the lowZ2 workouts for most of your runs, but add one hill run per week to build strength and durability. On the uphill portions, just keep it controlled and below threshold.

I think the long runs should continue at Aet to Aet+10 bpm, not higher than this.

Cheers,

Matt
Quote Reply