Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for bike fitters
Quote | Reply
What frame do you feel probably has geometry the would best suit a rider standing 5'11" with a 32 inseam and a shorter femur bone?
Quote Reply
Re: Question for bike fitters [Bucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's way too general a question. What do you want this bike for? Do you ride solo or with others? What kind of a terrain do you ride on?

You want to start with a frame that is your best size. That is the very first step in getting a good fit. There is a formula for this based upon inseam length. This is a starting point. The method of determining your theoretical frame size is described on this url. But remember that not all manufacturers may measure their frames exactly th same way so this may not be an absolute.

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/bikefit/
Quote Reply
Re: Question for bike fitters [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry. Primarily a racing bike for triathlons short and long courses. Flat and fast terrain. I do everything from sprint to an ironman in a year's time.

I already have several nice bikes and have been fitted properly to each one. I'm just in the process of looking for something new. I'm always experimenting with gear and positioning. I find that if I only take advice from one bike fitter, I fall into a pattern of the same position. I'm trying to evolve my position. I'm curious if there is something that a good bike fitter feels would suit someone with my basic dimensions.
Last edited by: Bucky: Apr 13, 05 8:06
Quote Reply
Re: Question for bike fitters [Bucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's more than just dimensions. More important is your neck, low back and hamstring flexibility. You can have two people with exact same dimensions but due to individual biomechanical and flexibility issues would be fitted differently. You can't really use dimensions and measurements by themselves.

It's impossible to assess this for you over the net. What you could benefit is a session with somebody like Paul Levine if you live in that part of the country.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for bike fitters [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As far as flexibility goes, I am capable of doing the necessary work to achieve a new position. I'm just looking for a referrence point as to what frames a bike fitter would consider with these general dimensions.
Quote Reply