Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How about this:
Quote | Reply
Age-group specific cut-off time?

Take the average finishing time for each AG, add 2 hours and round up/down to the nearest hour, and voila, you have a more racey race.

Allow everyone to finish because I know just finishing the distance is an achievement, but on the official results add a (CT - "Cut off") next to their names if they didn't make their AG specific finishing time.

How about it?
Quote Reply
Re: How about this: [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stick to whistling, you're better at it.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I made some kind of performance-based differentiation suggestion on her last year and people didn't care for that idea.

I understand their arguments.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do you think we need to make a change like this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why?
Quote Reply
Re: How about this: [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In another thread people were complaining about the field getting watered down by a ton of people doing the race just to finish.

This way people can come to race while others can come to finish and everyone is happy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Average using what time? Roth? Canada? Lanzarote?

What about weather conditions or race day changes?

Why is it so important to change things?

Interesting idea but who cares if a race is racey.......
Quote Reply
Re: How about this: [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Each race should have it's own AG cut-off times.

I don't see people complaining the cutoff in Australia is 15:30, so why should they if each race has it's own set of cutoff times?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do people need to be made to feel less than worthy for not making a cutoff time?

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In another thread people were complaining about the field getting watered down by a ton of people doing the race just to finish.

This way people can come to race while others can come to finish and everyone is happy.

1. People who make such complaints need to be told to shut the hell up, not appeased.

2. People already can come to race or come to finish - no changes needed (well, maybe less crowded races, but that's another issue)

"This way people can come to race while others can come to finish and everyone is happy."

If you can give me one reason why this can't be the case now, I'll jump on your bandwagon. Really, how does why I'm there effect you or anyone else, and visa-versa?

Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe we can throw eggs at them when they come down the chute too.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only way I could see this point is if it were for something like the National or world championships. In which case I'd say there should be a minimum time standard that should be met in order to compete there. I could be convinced that it's not necessary for nationals, but probably not for worlds.

Otherwise if it's a race that allows age groupers, then there is really no need, since it is just another race...regardless of how "prestigious" it's made out to be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We beat this changed cut-off time thing to death months ago - the 13 hour cut off thread.

My vote is to leave it at 17hrs.
Quote Reply