Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Positioning Arione Saddle
Quote | Reply
I just purchased an Arione saddle for my road bike and I am looking for some advice on how to position it on the seatpost relative to the SLR I currently have. I checked out Tom D's site and saw this picture comparing the rail length:

I am also looking at the point at which the saddle flare out:

My question is how have Arione users positioned their saddle. I was going to use the flare point as a reference and try to position this flare of the Arione at the same position as my SLR.

I am some what resigned to having to make minor adjustments to height, angle and position, but want to minimize this adjustment.

Thanks.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Positioning Arione Saddle [jmhtx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got an Arione on my road bike. I set it at the flare point, in reference to my previous saddle. I think I may have moved it a hair one way or the other after that. Just put the thing on and sit on the bike. It doesn't take a GED to adjust a saddle.

----->Trent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I set mine so that I got a little extra saddle length in both directions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This saddle has totally changed my riding style. With the more forward flare (and I like it more forward), I'm able to stay in the aerobars much more on climbs. I just choke back on the bars and wedge my sit bones into the flare and I can power up climbs that used to have me out of the saddle. So, I have the seat nose quite close if not a little more forward than my last saddle which had a fairly standard shape.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply