Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's talk about my Hip [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are getting a big needle stuck in your hip? Yikes!

I hope this works for you so you can race again and I can make fun of your results. :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk about my Hip [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:
You are getting a big needle stuck in your hip? Yikes!

Last year, before my very own hip surgery, I underwent a contrast injection prior to an MRI. I almost ran out of there. For some reason, not knowing what exactly it would be like totally freaked me out while I was waiting to go in. I was lying on the table as they injected me with anesthetic, and I was in the worst cold sweat I've ever experienced. I started to shake uncontrollably. They had tilted the table so that my head was lower than my heart to keep me from passing out. Between the stress, being hungry, and being cold in that stupid gown, I was a mess. Surgery was a breeze compared to that.

I must add that I didn't move at all during the ~50 minute MRI itself: the tech said she didn't have to redo anything and the images were the clearest she'd seen.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Between my Non-Hodgkins Lympoma and my Heroin addiction, I figure I've been stuck about 30-40 times.

I'd be happy to provide humorous results because that would mean I was "racing" (I use the term loosely) so fingers crossed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Thomas Byrd
Nashville Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center
2011 Church Street, Suite 100
Nashville, TN 37203
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately just like Kens results you can't make fun of Eggy's results because then he might put yours right next to them. What I mean by that is both of theirs would be better then 99.9% of the guys/gals on here. The exception being Rapp and.....Ehhhumm...clear throat add pink font now and..... Me :0)

Re: Let's talk about my Hip [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please. I haven't had a good tri result since 2007, which is looking like a fluke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Must have been when you got rid of the zoot zenith wetsuit.

Re: Let's talk about my Hip [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You put my results next to anybody's and would get a huge laugh. I'm a horrible athlete, always have been. But I can still poke fun a whoever I want because, well, this is ST!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What ended up happening with your hip?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk about my Hip [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I donated it to science fiction.

No, what happened was a series of prolotherapy injections into the SI joint and the surrounding areas (I think I went through 4 treatments?) Debilitating pain was reduced to background pain, mitigated by doing simple physical therapy. I was able to race again, had some decent results, then had a kid. That really killed my hips. Just kidding, wife had the kid. Hoping to start racing again next year.

Thanks for asking!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear it! Dealing with a labral tear myself...trying to figure out my next steps.
Quote Reply

Prev Next