Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tire question for IMAZ
Quote | Reply
I picked up my bike last night from the transport guys (who did a great job, I might add) for IMAZ. This morning, as I am getting ready to ride, I notice that part of the sidewall of the rear tire was rubbed off on one side so that I could see the fibers there. i just bought this new set of Vittoria Diamante Pros and have only ridden them once! Is this a major reason for concern? I am about to take the bike out for a brief ride, but wanted to know, if I don't have any problems after this, should I go ahead and change out the tire before the race? This is my inclination, but would like to hear from others.

under-trained and over-tapered. . . .yet still hopeful . . . does that make me an optimist or a masochist?
Quote Reply
Re: tire question for IMAZ [Codex0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
C'mon dude! Buy a new tire. If you can see the threads then there is definitely potential for the tire to rupture. You've paid a lot of money not to mention the time invested in training why would you even consider not changing it. It's a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buy a tire..........

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bike, tri stuff etc. - thousands of dollars

IM entry fee - $425

New tire for "A" race - $50

DNF'g with a blown out sidewall....... priceless
Quote Reply
Re: tire question for IMAZ [woodenshoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for your posts. I did go ahead and buy a new tire -- just didn't get back to the forum to read the posts and reply in time.

under-trained and over-tapered. . . .yet still hopeful . . . does that make me an optimist or a masochist?
Quote Reply