Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

When to eat
Quote | Reply
I have been struggling lately with the timing of my dinner. By the time I leave work and get home I can usually start my workout by 5:30. So if I workout for 2 hours I am back at the house by 7:30ish and MAYBE eating by 8. Do most of you folks have a late afternoon pre dinner meal and just not eat too much after your workout later in the day? I am trying not to eat past 8 but it is hard. I was thinking of movin all my main meals up in rotation. So eat lunch at 11 instead of 12 and then eat another "lunch/dinner" at about 3. Hopefully it would be digested by 5:30. THoughts?
M~
Quote Reply
Re: When to eat [TnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I snack (apple and a snicker) around 4:00pm, eat dinner with family around 8:00pm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All the time. Seriously, snack all the time, and you're ready for a work out any time, like when yer coworkers challenge you to sprint up the 7 flights of stairs at your office... gotta be ready to defend at the drop of a hat, my friend! :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I eat around 6:45 AM, 8:30-9AM, 10:30AM , 12PM, 3:30OPM, and then depending on the day I either eat a small, easy to digest, meal around 6 then go work out and have another small meal after or I just eat regular dinner on days off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I was thinking of movin all my main meals up in rotation.

Thats what I did. I get most of my day's calories before I workout, but make sure to eat enough afterwards to help my body recover.

I eat around six small meals a day. Starting with a smoothie or Odwalla bar on my way out to work, followed by oatmeal 60 to 90 minutes later, then lunch at 11am, another snack around 2-3pm (tuna or nuts with fruit or another odwalla bar), then something easily digestible 30-60 minutes before working out, then again after working out to aid recover, and finally a smallish dinner. Man, all I seem to do all day long is eat :)

-Bam Bam
Quote Reply
Re: When to eat [haris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly: breakfast #1 before 6am, breakfast #2 around 8am, pre-lunch snack at 10:30, lunch at 1pm, post-lunch snack at 3:30, dinner at 5-5:30pm; maybe a snack at 8pm.

You do end up eating all day ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

First off, it's about time we've got a post about food, it's been several days.

Why do you not want to eat past 8 PM? I'm in the same boat, I usually do the 7:30, 10:00, 1:30, 3:30 snack/small meal thing, but I also eat dinner around 9 PM. I could not handle eating a dinner type meal at 3:30 and then trying to work out at 5:30.

I think the whole thing about it's bad to eat late is somewhat overrated.......maybe it's not the best thing for sedentary person. However, if you're working out for 2 hours, your metabolism is going to higher for several hours. If I didn't eat well after working out, I don't think I'd recover as well either.

Argue all you want about what time to eat, high protein/low, carb, it you're not eating past eight because of weight concerns, it's still all about calories in vs. calories out (and I've learned from experience).

People I've loved, I have no regrets
Some I remember, some I forget
Some of them living, some of them dead
All I want is to be home ".....Foo Fighters, Home

Quote Reply
Re: When to eat [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing wrong with eating all day... Well, unless you miss a meal for some reason and turn into a hungry monster...

http://www.optruth.org/
Quote Reply
Re: When to eat [FooFighterFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think the whole thing about it's bad to eat late is somewhat overrated.......
Some people can have digestive problems, including acid reflux, if they eat too soon before going to bed. Others, of course, can eat a late night snack of tobasco covered broken glass without a problem (ah, to be young again).
Quote Reply
Re: When to eat [haris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Nothing wrong with eating all day... [/reply]

Do not forget to brush after every meal.

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply