Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do a good deed: Help a fat newbie!!!
Quote | Reply
I posted a WTB on the classifieds for a nice used road bike. I know this gets more traffic, so I am hoping this will push some people over to my add. I am 5'7" and a 30" inseam, so I think I am a 54cm for a frame. I am sure some frames fit differently, but any input on here I can get a nice used bike would be great. Also any tips would be helpful. Thanks to everyone who has posted to newbies in the past..I have gone through all the old forums. Thanks to shops like Bikesport and Emery's that post helpful articles. You are helping to change people's lives. (wiping tears).
Quote Reply
Re: Do a good deed: Help a fat newbie!!! [newbie5317] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What'a your budget? And no, I'm not selling a bike and I don't work in the bike industry.

Lou Battaglia

Why didn't I retire last year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<< I am 5'7" and a 30" inseam, so I think I am a 54cm for a frame >>

You might wanna think again. You may (most likely, but different frame builders make, AND measure their frames differently) need a smaller size..... or maybe 54 is just fine for you, YMMV.

Fer instance, I'm 5'10" and 31.5" inseam, and I'm on a 54 road frame.

Best of luck, and ride on-

M

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Do a good deed: Help a fat newbie!!! [Btag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to be around $800-$1000. I have to buy the shoes, helmet, shorts and everything too. I'm not trying to look like a poser, I just want to have safe and productive equipment, and an ass that doesn't hurt when I walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Do a good deed: Help a fat newbie!!! [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe the best idea would be to get fitted on a few different bikes at the LBS so I have a better idea. If I buy all my riding gear there, I wouldn;t feel guilty about having them spend some time helping me get my size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for $800-$1000 you can get a nice NEW road bike.....go to your lbs with your spending limit in mind.

~kern~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a good idea to support you local bike store... they are the ones that will help you when you need parts from a crash quickly and depending on your level of mechanical ability, will be tuning up your bike.

I am 5'7 with a 30' inseam and I ride either a 50 or a 52 but can ride smaller too... you need to get fitted.

Trev

Trev Williams
http://www.thedoctrine.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Do a good deed: Help a fat newbie!!! [tri-poser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'8" with a 32" inseam and i ride a size 48 frame, professionally fitted. Please get fitted.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Do a good deed: Help a fat newbie!!! [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow..this was an eye opener. Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[and an ass that doesn't hurt when I walk.]

Good luck with that one... No amount of money is going to prevent some breaking in of the ass.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call these guys.

Our Price $900.00
Original Retail Value $1,895.00
You Save $995.00
NEW 2003 ML Litespeed Vela. The frame has a few small chips in the paint (see photos). The top tube length is 55.3cm and standover height is 73.1cm. This bike will fit riders 5ft8" to 5ft11". Bike weight is 18.6 pounds.
Warranty - 3 YEAR
To purchase this bike call 1-800-294-8598. SKU # CPO-04-1120
Quote Reply