Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Could this make for a super fast/super funny wetsuit?
Quote | Reply
Before I start....this is purely hypothetical ...I have no intention of doing this!

Has anyone ever made an inflatable tri wetsuit?
We're limited on neoprene thickness under the rules...but I don't recall it saying anything about inflation.

If we borrowed technology from diving and installed drysuit seals at the wrists, ankles and neck along with a drysuit zip. then installed a inner tube valve (perhaps in the crotch area so it is out of the water flow and could also be used for critical pre race nerves drainage).

You could then inflate your suit giving yourself huge bouyancy (although suit design would be critical to hold this air in the right areas). Enough air and you would be swimming on the water not through it.

And the best bit......
Imaging what it would be like before race start...those guys who are sure that extra 20psi in their tires is going to make them super human will be doing the same to their wetsuits.......suddenly human blimps will be exploding all over transition!
Quote Reply
Re: Could this make for a super fast/super funny wetsuit? [triguynz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be considered a floatation device and therefore disallowed.
Quote Reply
Re: Could this make for a super fast/super funny wetsuit? [triguynz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eat beans... natural floatation and discourage drafters.

Jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only if you don't mind everyone calling you Fat Albert.
Quote Reply
Re: Could this make for a super fast/super funny wetsuit? [gonzobob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It would be considered a floatation device and therefore disallowed.
Do we have any engineers expert in fluid dynamics here? I'm not even sure it would make you any faster in the water. IIRC, submarines have less drag than surface boats (although you are partially on the surface no matter what when you are swimming)