Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone Have An Opinion ...
Quote | Reply
About using Hed Jet 40s or Hed Alps as training wheels. I have heard that the Alps are nearly bullet-proof but have not heard much about the Jet 40. I have an opportunity to pick up a set of either at a pretty substantial discount, making these comparable cost wise with the likes of Easton/Velomax, Mavic Ksyrium, Bontrager Race X-Lite. I already have my race wheels, but you can never have too many sets of wheels. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Have An Opinion ... [PH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply] I already have my race wheels, but you can never have too many sets of wheels. Thanks.[/reply]

Since you already have race wheels, buy yourself a PowerTap wheel laced to a Mavic Open Pro- the perfect training wheel. discount don't help you much if you don't need 'em, and using the Alps as training wheels seems a little bit like overkill. My 2 cents.

Josef

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Alps. I use them as training wheels. They are awesome in that role, as well as for windier races where I don't want a disc/H3 combination. But that's when I'm NOT using my Powertap wheel. I'm with the other poster...take the $$ you're looking to spend on the Alps and get a PT wheel. You can get the hub built up into a number of different rims...including, perhaps, an Alps a Zipp 404 clincher rim that will pull double duty as a racing AND training wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the other hand...you asked if anyone had an opinion? No. No one on this board has an opinion about anything. If you're looking for opinions just walk right on by...

;->
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Have An Opinion ... [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, yeah, yeah :-) Thought I would get a few more responses if I didn't title it the typical "wheel question". As for opinions, you are probably right this place is not opinionated at all (note sarcasm here, just in case). :-)
Quote Reply