Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This whole Peter Reid thing seems to have lost some steam
Quote | Reply
Maybe it can be revived. It was pretty exciting to think of being lapped and looped by Legendary Ironman Peter Reid. Oh, well. There will be plenty there to lap and loop me.
Last edited by: Monk: Apr 5, 05 17:45
Quote Reply
Re: THeis whole Peter Reid thing seems to have lost some steam [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"It was pretty exciting to think of being lapped and looped by Legendary Ironman Peter Reid."

Just as long as he doesn't say "on your left".
Quote Reply
Re: THeis whole Peter Reid thing seems to have lost some steam [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter was at the Columbia Triathlon in Maryland last may-- and suppose to be back this year. He is a very nice guy-- hung out with us age-groupers afterward--- WAs quite a thrill to see him ride past on the bike (of course he was going the other direction on the out and back course)
Quote Reply
Re: THeis whole Peter Reid thing seems to have lost some steam [chainring711] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too was at Columbia, and as a 55-59 got out in the first wave, 25 minutes before the pros and elites. One of the incentives I gave myself was to see just how long I could "hold off" Peter Reid. Well, it was just after I had crested the climb on Green Bridges Road (what - about only 13 miles into the bike??!?), struggling and feeling quite peaked, when he and I'm-not-sure-who-it-was went blowing right past me. Not that I suffered any illusions otherwise, but that really highlighted the difference between the men and the boys; the power those guys had at that point was impressive to the nth degree! I may be oldish, but I'm not above being in awe of those who are armed with abundant natural abilities. I'm kind of sorry that Vigo is changing things this year and starting the pros five minutes before my wave, as I was hoping to make it at least a few hundred yards closer to Linthicum Road before those guys ate me up again!
Quote Reply
Re: THeis whole Peter Reid thing seems to have lost some steam [bigskies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>I'm kind of sorry that Vigo is changing things this year and starting the pros five minutes before my wave

Is there a heat list posted somewhere for Columbia? I couldn't find it on the CTA webpage. You seem to have some insider's knowledge.

Thanks in advance

"Race day is a celebration of your training"
Quote Reply
Re: THeis whole Peter Reid thing seems to have lost some steam [japple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's on the specific Columbia Triathlon page, in the "2005 Keys to Success".

Alas and woe, though, no insider's knowledge. Were I an insider, I would've convinced him to start the oldsters' wave 45 minutes before the pros and elites! (In which case those guys would reel me in along about the Homewood Road climb....)

See you there!
Quote Reply
Re: This whole Peter Reid thing seems to have lost some steam [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the Challenged Athletes Half IM last October, and Peter was there as the runner on a relay team (his biker was that bachelor-show guy).

As I was running along alone on the outbound leg, very zoned out, I hear this shout, "Hey!". I look up and it's Reid holding out his hand to give me a high-five going the other way. He gave me a big smile.

Made my day.
Quote Reply