Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kitchen remodeling and training don't mix
Quote | Reply
Man, I'm tired. All my runs are slogs and my swim over the last two weeks are acts of will. Remodeling the kitchen, working full time, kids, dogs, wives-none of it is helping my training.

Anybody else got the training blues-or better still a solution to daily fatigue?
Quote Reply
Re: Kitchen remodeling and training don't mix [tri_no_lipator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have bin remodeling Kitchens and running since 1970. Never slowed me down ;-) What dosn't kill you just screws you up. ha ha Good luck with the work. I like granite tops and under mount sinks cherry wood and lots of lights.

Dirt
Quote Reply
Re: Kitchen remodeling and training don't mix [dirtball!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come to my house please. I need help to finish my remodelling job ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a real fixer upper...well, just went into escrow...anyone want to remodel the place for me???

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Kitchen remodeling and training don't mix [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is in a nice area ie by the ocean and do you have lots of cash ???? ha ha

Dirt Good luck with the new shack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spread it out over time. I'm on the 2-year remodeling plan. Sure, the wife nags at me, but what's she going to do -- withhold sex? After 15 years of marriage, that's no longer a threat. It's reality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tell me about it... my 2 week off work "training camp" turned into a 2 week - oh my god, we might be moving, home improvement marathon.
sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeh I'm there with except with "exploding septic tank", sick kids, wife, me etc.

Finished remodeling the kitchen and front room last year. Coming home from a long run or ride and hanging drywall SUCKS.

Had a couple of weeks were my hamstrings were really sore, thought it was from training. Turns out it was from ripping the floor up and laying new subfloor.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Kitchen remodeling and training don't mix [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For anyone in NW Washington State I am avail for this type of work. OTOH I find it difficult to work all the time and find the energy to train too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems like the same thing every year. I work my #@ss off all winter - endless trainer rides, runs in ice/snow. Then it all falls apart in the spring, right before my first few races.

Right now we're painting the kitchen and office, remodeling/redesigning a few other rooms with the help of an interior design person - who is really no help at all - just makes more work for us!!

I'm not even doing the work myself - we've contracted out for everything. But just the added stress/chaos sends my training schedule into a tailspin.

To top it off, our 10 month old has given up sleeping and seems to be concentrating solely on the pain and pressue of her incoming teeth!!

Just have to ride it out......it will get better....but then it will get worse....and so on, and so on......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
kids, dogs, wives-none of it is helping my training. Wives? Plural? There's the problem - not remodeling. Scale down to one and things should level off for ya. ; )

--------
"When you stop trading time for money, and spending money to eat up time, you opt out of a perpetual cycle that is keeping you basically imprisoned in a corporate system."
Last edited by: marmentrout: Apr 6, 05 7:38
Quote Reply
Re: Kitchen remodeling and training don't mix [marmentrout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was my sentiment exactly. I was wondering why noone else caught that. WIVES. Where you from Utah?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a number of posters have hinted, just about everything in life does not mix with triathlon training beyond a very modest level. Yes, there are strange people who somehow manage to fit it all in, but they are freaks! That's whay I decided in 1997, to call it quits when my son was born. Time to move onto something else. I was lucky, it had been a great 15 year run to that point.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Kitchen remodeling and training don't mix [danb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry in Vancouver BC.
Quote Reply