Login required to post replies

Aero Sports Geneis: Check out this badboy
Quote | Reply
Check out this new handlebar set-up.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...ews/apr05/Picture028
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Sports Geneis: Check out this badboy [keyster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice, but they leave something to be desired.
I wonder what they weigh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yuck

not to mention, that base looks totally non-aero (not remotely NACA looking)

Kevin

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After reading the cyclingnews blurb, it seems they missed the mark. They went with titanium just to use a different material? Odd. At 950g they haven't offered anything not already available from Hed, Oval, or Profile.

Build a sub 500g non-adjustable custom one piece bar with a 30-day turn around from order to delivery and it will be THE bar of that year. Don't launch vapor at Interbike. Just start making them and let word of mouth grow.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Sports Geneis: Check out this badboy [cmetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The weight isn't too bad since HED carbon are 850g without a stem. Add a 150g (pretty light) stem and than tanks in at a grand. It dosn't look too aero, but who knows? Sometimes swoopy stuff looks aero but is not. I bet they would look pretty cool on a QR or Litespeed Ti bike. I bet they would last a pretty good while too. G
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Sports Geneis: Check out this badboy [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but you still have to add some 200 grams of brake levers to these to equal the Hed/stem combination...making them about 1150 altogether...or about the same as the Profile Carbon X setup with levers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we've talked about this before and sharad (steve harad) posts on and off on the forum

Im a little bit disappointed - if the cad drawing from the website is any indication...(thoughts based on my 5 minute perusal:)

It uses what looks to be an oval (as in flattened circle not oval concepts) cross section for the base bar...I would have thought that a NACA airfoil type section would be more warranted especially since its so easy to get the shapes (Theory of Wing Sections by Abbott <$15 bucks at amazon) many of which has got to be better than an oval...now with all due respect it may be that its oval due to manufacturing considerations but it shouldnt be too hard to come up with a NACA crossection extrusion...or to bend it to match...

Also FWIW - From what I can tell it maybe made in a chinese/taiwanese shop (those are chinese characters on the drawing) about cutouts on the bottom of the bar ends

Awfully nice of him to publish the drawings with dimensions :)

maybe on a rainy day I'll do up a solid model of it for kicks...

anyhow back to homework...
Quote Reply