Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spanish P3 Position Cervelo
Quote | Reply
Hi, this is my first topic from Spain. In two weeks we are going to compete in Half Ironman near Malaga. I heard something about Clas and Gordo here this year...

I´d like to know your opinion about my position, although I think my position was better using a Trek OCLV 5200

Thanks, Jaime Menendez de Luarca
Quote Reply
Re: Spanish P3 Position Cervelo [luarca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck in your half Ironman. My first look says that you have way too much of a downward slope on your seat based on the upward tilt in the rear. This means that you will have way too much work from your upper body and quads trying to support your weight as you constantly slide forward. If your saddle is level, all your energy goes into forward motion and not holding yourself up. To arrive at the same position with a level saddle, you'll need to slide it forward and reduce the height. this will place you in the same spot in "space" relative to the bb and armrests as you are now, but with a level saddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the saddle is level (San Marco Azoto Triathgel). The shape of the saddle is with the tail up, and tip up, and the middle is lower than the tip and tail.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your arms/elbows may be a bit close together. Can you breath that way?

I'm diggen those Hed, decals. Where'd ya get them?

Oh, and what the heck is that guy doing behind you in pic 2?
Quote Reply
Re: Spanish P3 Position Cervelo [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, I hope he's holding the bike!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have heard that a large smartasscrew contingent will be at that race... Some of them aiming for the top 10... should be interesting :-)

As for your position, at first I didn't know what a Spanish P3 looked like. But after looking at the pics I know now! ;-)

Seriously, the position looks pretty good, one of the best I've seen posted here :-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the looks of your knee angle and ankle flexion (albeit not at BDC) I'd say that your saddle is too high. Your knee angle in the photo is probably good, were your foot at the bottom of the pedal stroke and your ankle not reaching so much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks to me like the torso/upper arm angle is less than 90 degrees. Maybe the stem should be slightly longer, or he should drop the seat if that is too high, or both.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks to me in that one picture like you are on your cervelo tandem. Who is that dude in the backseat and what exactly is he doing back there...lubing the headset?
Quote Reply
Re: Spanish P3 Position Cervelo [KJGrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The boy behind me is holding the bike

the silver decals are an original idea from HED Spain, but you can get them now in USA too.

The Hed bars are low S bends, (without risers) but I´m thinking in using Hig S Bends

Thanks to all
Last edited by: luarca: Apr 6, 05 6:01
Quote Reply