Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do you head out of an IM T1 with three bottles of liquid?
Quote | Reply
I did last time, but with exchanges every ten miles, why? (unless you have a special mixture). And now, with three loops, you can stash a cooler!!
Quote Reply
Re: Do you head out of an IM T1 with three bottles of liquid? [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put a little cooler with freeze bags in your special needs bag with a bottle or two. My wife and I did this for IM CDA last year and it worked great our bottles were even still cold!

It really depends on your nutitional needs?

Good Luck!

Enjoy the journey!
Quote Reply
Re: Do you head out of an IM T1 with three bottles of liquid? [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on the race course drink.
NZ - PRO4. Awesome.
IMC - Gatorade. Crap.

I like the way some of the Pro's do it though.
One bottle of gel: 3000cals. Exchange only fresh water the whole way. Supplement with electrolyte tabs. Simple.

People tend to overcomplicate their nutrition. I worked run special needs at IMC last year. I couldn't believe what people put in thier bags... like extra Gatorade? WTF?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monk,
The only reason to have more than two bottles is if you have special nutrition needs. Otherwise I would recommend staying with two bottles.
I use 2 bottles of an "Iron Cocktail*" on each half of the bike course, which is based on ideas of Brian of Personal Best Nutrition. Since I also need water to dilute that mixture to some degree, I'll start with three bottles ( 2 "cocktails" and one water) and when the first "cocktail" bottle is empty, I'll be back to 2 bottles. Well until special needs when I'll be back to three bottles.
Cheers,
Herbert
Litespeed/QR

* "Iron Cocktail" is (2) scoops Cytomax (Tangy Orange flavor), (2) scoops Metabolol Endurance (Orange Smoothie flavor) and (2) scoops Carbo-Pro in each bottle.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you head out of an IM T1 with three bottles of liquid? [synchronicity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aero drink on bars (water only) - easy to refill at aid stations

Water/Carbo Pro mixture in bottle on frame tube

Water/carbo pro (spare) behind seat

Water behind seat.

My water /carbo pro mix totals about 1300 calories per bottle

At 400 per hour - I have 6 hours worth with only a need to refill water at aid stations.

Grab a bottle of water - throw it behind the seat - grab a second - fill the aero drink.

Roll on
Quote Reply