Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

6-8 week HIM training plan
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know of any good articles/training plans for the last 6-8 weeks before a Half Ironman. This will be the second Half I've done, but first of this season. While I've done a good deal of base work, i'm just wondering what would be some good sessions to add to my training once I'm about 8 weeks out. I work full-time and I'm a MOP'er right now. I typically train each discipline 2-3 times per week. Any advice is appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: 6-8 week HIM training plan [choptank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BUMP! Sorry to tag on to you post, but I was about to ask a similar question.

I'm seeking advice on transitioning from Olympic to my first half IM in June ... I’m in the middle of building my base. Any training advice on moving up to this distance?

I’m in my third season and a decent AG competitor and I've finished several Olympic distance races. My weakest event is cycling; I’m a stronger-than-average swimmer and runner.

Thanks,

-TB

Quote Reply
Re: 6-8 week HIM training plan [TB in MT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Guys ... shoot me an email through my website and i'll send an 8 week "crash course" plan that i used in relation with a half ironman event a couple years ago. I'm not selling it any longer and don't mind sending you the template and ideas. You can use it for what it's worth and can adjust as needed ... you'll at least get some ideas from it. It was designed for a course with "rolling terrain" ...

Cheers!

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Re: 6-8 week HIM training plan [choptank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm planning on this for all but the last 2 weeks before a June event.

M -- Off (or very light recovery spin)

T -- Long run (90+ mins)

W -- Swim (45 mins), ride (2 hours)

T -- Brick ride (2 hours) + run (1+ hour)

F -- Swim (45 mins) + run (.5 to 1.5 hours)

S -- Long ride (2.75 to 4+ hours), sometimes w/ transition run

S -- Swim (hour+), ride (2 hours), start working in run by May (1 hour)

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply