Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cold Weather Gloves
Quote | Reply
What cycling gloves do you all use for very cold (less than 35 degrees) and moderately cold (less than 50 degrees) temps?

Likes and dislikes of the brands/models tried?

I never seem to get the numb finger thing fixed.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Weather Gloves [Tri Slowly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're from SoCal or Florida, right?

Anyway, I've had good luck with the pearl Izumi Lobster gloves for very cold, regular PI gloves (individual fingers - can't remember the name) for cold. They fit me, have long collars that go way up your wrist, and have a decent absorbent pad for sweat on the back of the hand. Very well thought out.

When it's cool out, I've been riding w/ a pair of cotton/wool running gloves with the non-slide rubber dots on the inside, and they've been surprisingly comfortable.

if you don't mind sweating a little, I can also recommend wearing a pair of vinyl or latex gloves (or silk liners tho i never tried that) under your gloves when it's really freezing out.

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for asking. I have Renaud's Syndrome which is a condition where your hands get cold and stay painfully cold easily. -No idea how you get it or why, but it sucks.

So, I need to wear warm gloves. I was using Pearl Izumi Cyclone gloves which were quite good. I tried some Rav-X winter gloves, fleecy inside, windstopper laminate, not too think. Man, they are the hands down best gloves for cold weather- absolutely awesome. Cheap too relative to the super high priced ones that are over $50. The Rav-X winter glove is $39.99. I really like them.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Weather Gloves [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, I know you have had some serious cold weather expierience. As had my ex who also had Renauds. As did a former friend, all three of you had had some Anartic or Artic expirience, usually bad. I am thinking there is a correlation between mild hypothermia and renauds syndrome. I would be interested in talking with you about this with an eye to actually writing an article about the possible link.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Weather Gloves [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For high altitude mountaineering I use RBH Designs gloves and mittens. http://www.rbhdesigns.com/index.cfm

I've worn them in Antarctica, on the summit of the highest mountain in the western hemisphere and on the summits of four other 15,000+ climbs. They are the best gloves I've ever used.

There are a couple testimonies from me and other climbers on their website. Absolute best for extremem cold, high altitude. They don;t make a product for rding or aerobic sports, just for extreme conditions.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of $25 seirus gloves that work great for cycling in 30-45 degrees and running in 15 to 30 degrees. Grippy, stretchy but warm enough. They are marketed as X-C skiing and cycling gloves and may be found at Bob Ward type stores. I also use $5 polypro liners from army surplus under regular cycling gloves for 40-55 degree weather. -TB
Quote Reply