Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tempe Weather
Quote | Reply
The long range temperature forecasts have trending upward. 85 degrees so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Weather [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monk

I too have been watching with interest - funny - I did my last long outdoors ride here in Cleveland on Wed (too advantage of 75 degrees and 25 mph winds)

The temps here are trending downward - 32 degrees and blowing snow right now - so it will be an indoor run for me later today - don't want to get a cold this close to race day
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weather.com has a high of 81, sunny, with 10mph winds. If it doesn't get any worse than that, we should be just fine. What site are you using?

codex
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Weather [Codex0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Accuweather and weatherunderground

I like yours better.

It seems like the highs are reached later in the day--I don't know it that is true or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm... still not hot enough...

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lately we have been having winds of about 20mph sustained. Lots of fun. The winds have been strong enough to make my truck rock side to side when parked.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Weather [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure that's the wind making your truck rock?
Last edited by: Monk: Apr 2, 05 8:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Condtions are nice and warm here in AZ, although windy. Gonna want lots of salt tablets
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
weather.com has high temps of 76 deg. with a south wind of 12 mph. Not looking so bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Weather [Codex0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer to focus on the negative.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hotter is good - less wind is better
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Weather [That Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
today was warm, upper 80's very little wind. Thought I heard on TV that some parts of the valley hit 90-91.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got back from a ride today and it was hot (pushing 90 degrees) and windy as hell. I rode in north phx/cave creek area but the heat/wind combo still kicked my arse.

FWIW, a couple recommendations for ppl coming from outta town:

- sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen...the sun here is intense. Today our UV rating was 8 with 8-10 being Very High. IMAZ won't be a good time to get that tan ;)

- might want to pack some limp balm/chap stick for the bike leg. Wind from riding plus dry air equals dry lips.

- be mentally prepared for wind.

later, Sean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I just got back from a ride today and it was hot (pushing 90 degrees) and windy as hell.
Quote:
today was warm, upper 80's very little wind.
???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends what time of day you went out. Started my ride at 10. No wind from 10-11 (uphill). On my way back was windy. Eating a slice of humble pie right now as we speak. Weather.com now show Saturday as 74 and breezy. I'd rather have 85 no wind, but that just because I'm a desert rat. Good luck to all at IMAZ.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the west valley - came in from Cleveland friday night. warm yesterday and even warmer today. Last news report I saw indicated rising temps from Sat to Wed. and then a cooling trend.

Wind seems to have been picking up all day. I sawm at 10 a.m. and it was not bad. Ran at 1 p.m. (trying to get used to the heat) and the wind definately was stronger. Sitting here at 5 and it is gusting a bit.

all east coasters - the dryness is more difficult to adapt to than the heat. really could feel it on my runs. the lip baum advice is very good. you also stay quite dry - but you definatly are sweating - I was quite salty after my hours run yesterday.

and teh sun is strong. bring good sun screen.

any other advice from the desert folks??

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is their any consistency to the wind direction in relation to the course? Gusting winds or steady? I'll need to decide whether to run the 909 or 404 set....

thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Weather [Smitty8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wind has actually been all over the place as of late. last weekend it was steady from the west, this weekend from the east. with so many turns, the wind, if there is any, will hit from all directions. only on the shorter section from the lake out to the turn around on the beeline will there be some consistent wind that will affect people.

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Weather [Smitty8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bring the disc

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply