Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Renn Madeira pump adapter
Quote | Reply
Anyone know what is needed to fit into the disc cutout to pump up a Madeira? The hole is smaller than the adapter I have and Frank is out till Monday(so I cant ask him)
Quote Reply
Re: Renn Madeira pump adapter [imanbri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you need to get an adapter for the pump to use for most disc wheels. it's shaped like an L, and is sometime referred to jokingly as the crack pipe adapter. a few of the online sites will have this adapter for $10. LBS, probably not, unless you are near a tri-specific shop.
Quote Reply
Re: Renn Madeira pump adapter [RSum716] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah thats what I had, it was schrader so you have to push a presta adapter on the stem, then the crack pipe wont fit on. I saw in the LBS catalogue an adapter made by silca that looks small enough, but silca is out of stock. hmmmm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only crack pipes I have seen are presta. Our local cycling racing shop usually has one in stock. At a race, there is usually someone you can borrow from (I forgot mine one day).

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Imanbri

I have a 575 and had the same question, Frank E-mailed (7:30 his time 4:30 my time) me right back and told me that you just need to push the valve stem over to one side and then the pump chuck will fit on the valve stem. And that worked pretty well. I did go out and buy a track/disk wheel/ crack pipe chuck for my pump and that works well also. That’s why the hole in the rim of the wheel looks like a Schrader valve hole it’s so you can move the valve stem over.

Have fun with the wheel!

Dan…
Quote Reply
Re: Renn Madeira pump adapter [bikedude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the responses, the madiera hole is solid on one side so the valve cant be bent back to pop on the pipe. From the looks of pics it appears that silca valve might do the trick
Quote Reply