Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TTL Report (Veracity Unknown)
Quote | Reply
Don't know the veracity of the following, seen on anther board:
Quote:
I just heard from a friend that both dams at the ends of TTL are now inflated and that there is no current at all now. Not sure where he heard it but if true it'll let the lake warm up just a bit and we'll have zero current to deal with. If the winds quit blowing, PLEASE, then maybe the silt can start to settle helping with visibility.
Quote Reply
Re: TTL Report (Veracity Unknown) [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You've got an inside source for the Outlaw Expo -- I have to believe you can get some sort of confirmation on the TTL status.

under-trained and over-tapered. . . .yet still hopeful . . . does that make me an optimist or a masochist?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have swam in TTL at its siltiest (3 weeks ago) and it its clearest (last summer) and many other times as well. The visibility is a non-issue because there is never much visibility. When I swam 3 weeks ago the water was chocolate brown but once the race started I did not even notice. The only thing that I did notice was a lot of sticks and debris in the water that are not there when the dam is fully inflated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I drove by the lake today (Friday) and the dams were not inflated, unless it would be hard to see from the Rural Road bridge. But, I doubt they were, because when you look east from there, it is easy to see the end of the lake when the dam is inflated. Today, it still looked like a river.

cholla
Quote Reply
Re: TTL Report (Veracity Unknown) [cholla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sticks, debris, current, heat, 3-loop bike. My advice is that everyone in the 55-59 AG should avoid these obvious health risks and just serve as volunteers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW, downriver towards my house there is no flow, just big patches of water but nothing continous.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply