Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Michigan - here I come!
Quote | Reply
So I'm making the long trip from Madison, WI to Belleville, MI for a seminar this weekend. I then realized that Dearborn, MI, the home of Bikesport, is a few miles away. I'm thinking that I might drop in on Saturday afternoon to see first hand what Bikesport is all about. I can't wait...
Quote Reply
Re: Michigan - here I come! [madisongrrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're going to be in Belleville you should come and swim with my tri-club in Northville on Saturday morning at Schoolcraft college.

http://www.swimfasttrifast.com/satswim.htm

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Girl,

We'll make sure the store is clean for you. We just got a new leather couch for the fitting area so there will be someplace nice for you to sit.

Hope to see you then!

Tom.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Michigan - here I come! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you find room in the store for a couch?

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What! A leather couch. Bikesport is not Banana Republic. Where will the shoe boxes and base bars go? Will it interfere with access to the tool chest? Can you post a picture? I have to see if the feng shui is still there. I think I am starting to sweat. I know you need a bed there Tom, but can't you do something else, like put on a second story? Maybe on the second floor you can have one of those new CT classes for multiple riders which I read about . . . or just a stabbin' pad.
Quote Reply
Re: Michigan - here I come! [Trianthes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We got rid of all that stupid bike stuff. Customers just wanted a place to sit and watch TV.

Serisouly though- we did make a decision to have a lot less inventory on the floor. The couch takes up the place of $25,000 worth of bikes. Less bikes = more money. We have no business holding that inventory. If I could have a show room with 12 bikes in it and that was the extent of our inventory I would be happy. When I hear retailers say stuff like "We have a HUGE inventory!" I always think, "You have a huge debt...." and they are under enormous pressure to sell it. Those are the guys where, when you walk in the door, they are like, "Hey, have I got the bike for you...!" and all of a sudden you are a perfect fit on whatever they have the most of. That is lame.

The less inventory (and debt) you have dangling over your head the mosre honest you can afford to be.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sounds like a good business decision. However, since we usually take the same size frame, the bike I want has always been taken by you. BTW, what do you do with all the bikes you no longer use? What lucky bastard gets your cast-offs?

I will check the couch out in a couple of weeks when I am in to pick up and get fit on my new ride.
Last edited by: Trianthes: Apr 1, 05 7:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Remember to warm up the leather couch for my Saturday afternoon arrival. See you then...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom - you have reached a new pinnacle- - - women on the internet asking for you to "warm the couch up" for them. Nice bikes, tri-chicks, cool accessories, world-traveler . . . you got it all man.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't forget the magic wand. Sorry, some times I can't help myself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With Trianthes' words ringing in my ears I have to ask if you have any plans to sell your R2.5? OR I will just have to wait until you can get back to me with the answers from my PMs for my attempted purchase from you. By the way did Mike O pass the message that I rang a couple of times today? I lucked out and missed you half a dozen times yesterday. Gonna ring just after you open tomorrow to try and catch you.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey, i've got a leather couch for you to come out and *sit* on.

spring is in the air. slowtwitch-gone-wild time is right around the corner.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hi Girl,

We'll make sure the store is clean for you. We just got a new leather couch for the fitting area so there will be someplace nice for you to sit.

Hope to see you then!

Tom.

Hey I (guy with the Red P3 frame) saw the couch first hand- very nice. Tom looked like he might never get out of it. I can see him sleeping there, of course it would be to protect the shop from would be burglars.

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Re: Michigan - here I come! [hasbeenswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's the new couch:

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just as I anticipated it being used.

Is that my P3 in the background?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually dude, I truly believe it is.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet. Pls take good care of my new baby 'till I can get over there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ooops. Cancel that. I just checked. It has Ultegra. Yours is Dura-Ace. The one in the rack behind precious little Judith is a some other fellas.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couches? R & A Cycles don't need no stinkin couches! : )
Quote Reply
Re: Michigan - here I come! [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R&A is very cool. I would love to work there just one weekend as a "guest" employee. That would be huge.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, how sad I am. My seminar on Saturday was longer than expected and I was unable to make it to Bikesport before closing time. Perhaps I will see the couch another time.
Last edited by: madisongrrl: Apr 5, 05 23:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fiddlesticks. We had the place all cleaned up for you and it very nice. Sorry you couldn't come in.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply