Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo R2.5 owners.
Quote | Reply
Can anyone confirm that the R2.5 uses a 27.2 seatpin, please? Also, does the Ritchey WCS carbon fork have the same rake as the stock fork?

Thanks, Guys for any (helpful) responses.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo R2.5 owners. [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seat post? I think they used an oversized seat post. I just went outside and measured it 28.5mm. Don't know about the Ritchey fork tho - E
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No it does not. It uses a seatpost that measures, but Mitutoyo caliper, 28.5 on my frame.

Ritchey does not make a carbon post for that diameter.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo R2.5 owners. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Tom-
Not to hijack the thread, but what is the clearance between the tire and the seat stay bridge on your 2.5 and other 2.5's that you've seen? Mine is ridiculuos, tough to measure, but on the order of .040". Yep, with a new tire if I run through some water and then sand I hear scuff-scuff every time the wet tire goes through the bridge. Does this seem right? - E
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Tom told me it measured 28.55 when I asked this question a couple of months ago.

It has been tough to find a replacement that fits without a shim that is lighter than the 214 grams of the OEM post. Only thing I found is a Thompson that was about the same weight.

Rumor on the weight weenies site is that Schmolke will make a seatpost in this size in the next 3-4 months.

My opinion is that is this only weakness of a GREAT frameset.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, could you have a look at my pm of the 12th and get back to me with the information I need from you to get the build on the move, please? Sorry to hassle you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seatpost is 28.6. Cane Creek makes a seatpost shim to use 27.2 with a 28.6. I've got a USE alien 27.2 seatpost shimmed in my bike that works great. That's likely the lightest setup you'll find.

Pete
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo R2.5 owners. [petertraylor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lighter than an Alien in 25 with shim?

Quote Reply