Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Did my civic duty
Quote | Reply
I just finished my taxes. A whole two 1/2 weeks early, a personal record. Being self-employed it gives me particular joy to write a big check every April. (As my 8 year old would say: That's sarcasm, right?)

Proud to continue to support the Gov't.

"A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame and money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well." G.K. Chesterton
Quote Reply
Re: Did my civic duty [halfacre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look on the bright side. Being self employed you at least get to hang onto the money for longer than those of us that get it deducted before we ever see it :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just finished mine yesterday as well. I here your self employment pain - I do a lot of non-employee compensation work and had to write a monster check myself. What's even more depressing is looking at my W2's and seeing all that SS tax that I'm never going to see a penny from.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I just finished my taxes. A whole two 1/2 weeks early, a personal record. Being self-employed it gives me particular joy to write a big check every April. (As my 8 year old would say: That's sarcasm, right?)

Proud to continue to support the Gov't.
Congratulations! Instead of paying too much during the year and getting a refund (and lending the money to the feds with no interest), you did the smart thing and deferred making the payment (without having to pay interest, I hope) as long as possible. Now, the total amount of taxes paid is probably another issue...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As my dad always says: "just be glad you do not get all of the government you pay for!"

"Why do they keep inventing new ways to celebrate mediocrity" -
Quote Reply