Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shoe ?
Quote | Reply
Ok, I had a bad race due to my ITB Problem. I got my bike fit checked, seat good height. I had my running gait looked at, no problem.

The guy at my LBS, suggested that my cycling shoe is warn out. I ride in an old pair of Sidi Road shoes I raced in in the mid 90's. The guy at the LBS thinks due to excess flex in the shoes, my knee are getting hurt. He suggested some carbon soul Nikes.

Any thoughts on the cycling shoes idea?
Quote Reply
Re: Shoe ? [campguy71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How to you know if your cycling shoe is worn out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yours for the low price of $299. I bet that he even has your size
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have mutiple problems if I ride in my old broken down sidis for long rides. I purchased a pair of Specialized Tri-Vent shoes with a carbon sole which fit me perfectly. These are a great deal and think they go for $179. Specialized also makes a varity of other carbon soled shoes that are great deals as does shimano. I won't go back to a non-carbon shoe, but Can;t justfy paying $300-$400 for a pair.

Now, I haven't heard worn out shoes as a reason for ITB problems, but it is posible. I have problems with m feet and ankles if I ride long in my worn out shoes... I had to wear them at IM C'dA last year and my feet weren't all that happy with me. I would replace your shoes and have your cleat refit, but if your having alot of ITB problems (like I was) I would also see a sports doctor and follow his directions... my problems were mostly from running even though they hurt more on the bike. New running shoes, and a stretching/strenght program cleared my problems up... oh and don't forget massage!

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten." - (John) Calvin Coolidge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Campguy71

A road shoe for me last about 2 or 3 years, then they get lose in the heal and my feet feel sloppy in them. I feel that Side is one of the best shoes out there (for me) and you don’t have to go for the $250 model. I just got the 3-strap road shoe $100 and it’s as good as the way more expensive ones with the buckle. So yes it may be time for new shoes, but as for the old shoes and your knees? I don’t get that?

Dan…

Quote Reply
Re: Shoe ? [romania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the information.
Quote Reply