Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

my current most inspirational song
Quote | Reply
go to thebeloved.com and the song should start playing. or go to downloads and look for "deliver me."

remember when that nike/lance mpeg was posted a while back and everyone wanted to know about the soundtrack... well this is kind of like that but worse... i first heard the song not on a nike ad but on a beer ad - it was an NZ beer called steinlager. they had an ad in black&white no sound except for this track playing and you saw the story of a young boxer training and drinking beer with his salt of the earth dad before facing an intimidating mike tyson-esque boxer.... the catch line is "know who you are." damn those ad execs... i was/am really moved by a beer ad!

turns out you can see the ad at steinlager.com (the "know who you are" ad).

i realize it is an ad for a shitty beer but the motto "know who you are" for me at least resonates hugely. Reminds me of grip's saying: be your own hero. also, the lyrics of deliver me i find absolutely profound and moving on many levels and, to their credit, the ad execs really tap into that power in the ad. every time i hear that song i want to run barefoot on some windswept beach.
Last edited by: johnthesavage: Mar 24, 05 4:42
Quote Reply
Re: my current most inspirational song [johnthesavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been trying to figure out what the intro song to CSI New York is....anybody know??? I need to get that on my iPod!

Andy

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: my current most inspirational song [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The "theme" song to CSI New York is "Baba O'Reilly" by The Who.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, maybe I am clueless but how do I download that song as an mp3 for my portable player? I tried dragging it to the desktop etc etc but it only comes up as a link?
BTW, it IS a great song. Thanks for the tip.
Quote Reply
Re: my current most inspirational song [sgardner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Move your arrow over song title and right click for pop-up menu, choose save target as..

BTW - my current fav is Ben Harper - Temporary Remedy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
U2 Beautiful Day, Vertigo

Eminem - Lose Yourself (not an Eminem fan by a long shot but I live this song)

Re: my current most inspirational song [uptown423] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THANK YOU!!!!

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: my current most inspirational song [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that Eminem song is good before a race. Also like Right Now - Def Leppard, Judgement Night - Onyx ( I think, its from the Judgement Night Soundtrack), Touched - VAST (in Step into Liquid, Laird catches the biggest wave I have ever seen with this playing, gets me fired up thinking about it), and some Moby that fires me up for some reason.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watching The Wheels tends to hit me pretty good. It's always nice to know I'm not alone, although the guy who wrote that piece is dead, hmmm.
Last edited by: Sojourner: Mar 24, 05 9:36
Quote Reply
Re: my current most inspirational song [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My new discovery is 'Freak on a Leash' by Korn. I couldn't name another Korn song, but this one really gets me going.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well, lately I've had some crazy things come up in my business, and the song, "Smiling Faces" makes me feel better (smiling faces tell lies, sometimes, they don't tell the truth--can you dig it?--smiling faces, etc. beware of the handshake!, etc). this song brings me satisfaction and I find myself thinking, "that's right!" when i hear it. i can relate for sure.

in terms of motivation, AC/DC's Hells Bells makes me want to go crazy, as does Have a Drink on Me. Jump by Van Halen, Teenage Wasteland by the Who is a pretty good high energy song too. Also on the Woodstock boxset there are some high spirited freedom songs that always get me in a rebelious ass-kickin mood.

here's some of my favorite lyrics, I believe by Country Joe...

"Be the first one on the block to have your boy come home in a box! and it's one two three, what are we fighting for? don't ask me I don't give a damn, the next stop is Vietnam, and it's five six seven-open up the pearly gates, well I ain't got time to wonder why, WOOHOO we're all gonna die! Alright!"
Quote Reply
Re: my current most inspirational song [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Teenage Wasteland by the Who is a pretty good high energy song too."

As mentioned in an above post, thats actually called Baba O'Reilly...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
U2 Beautiful Day, Vertigo

Eminem - Lose Yourself (not an Eminem fan by a long shot but I live this song)
In case y'all haven't heard - RAP IS DEAD!!!! Nothing but a bunch of posers.

People I've loved, I have no regrets
Some I remember, some I forget
Some of them living, some of them dead
All I want is to be home ".....Foo Fighters, Home

Quote Reply
Re: my current most inspirational song [yroc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't "Right Now" by Van Halen, with Sammy Haggar? Still a great song though.
Quote Reply
Re: my current most inspirational song [FooFighterFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no argument here but that is still a good working out song.

Re: my current most inspirational song [jarhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oops, did I say Def Leppard? I think I am still in oxygen debt from Ralph's....
Quote Reply