Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sliding Seat
Quote | Reply
This is probably a stupid question, but no matter how much I tighten the screw, I can't stop the seat from sliding back on the rails. It will feel tight after I tighten it, but during my ride, the seat will move all the way back.

Any tricks to this?
Quote Reply
Re: Sliding Seat [thaibuddah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind of seat, what kind of material of saddle rails, and (most important) what kind of seatpost?

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Sliding Seat [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Need a little more information about your equipment to help you out. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Sliding Seat [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am at work so I don't know exactly what I have; however, it's a Selle Italia red/black seat, regular looking metal rails and a carbon seat post. The bike is a Cervelo P2K, but has been upgraded. The mechanism is the rails slide through a cylinder that's cut in half, and clamps down on the rail as you tighten it. The cylinder has some grooves on it, but the rails are obviously smoothe.

Does this help at all? I have heard someone say something about putting electrical tape on the rails?
Quote Reply
Re: Sliding Seat [thaibuddah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never had that in over 20 years of riding.

Is your seat level - not tilting back ? I wouldn't have thought that electrical tape would be any use.

Maybe roughen the rail slightly with sandpaper, or try it a little tighter ?
Quote Reply
Re: Sliding Seat [cougie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The seat is level and I have tightened it to the point of almost breaking the allen wrench. I just read a cool article at

http://www.insidetriathlon.com/...articles/1304.0.html

which says that a piece of a beer car can be used. At this point I'll try anything.
Quote Reply