Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USAT Petition
Quote | Reply
I finished the Petition, and am ready to start collecting signatures. Please visit this link to view/download the Petition and its supporting exhibits. The signature pages are at the end of the Petition. According to the ByLaws, I need 50 signatures. I'm willing to put up the $50 petition fee myself.

I will need to have signature pages returned to me no later than March 30, 2005, as the Petition will need to be overnighted to the proper USAT personnel. I have seen no requirement that signatures need to be originals, however, I don't want to give these guys any wiggle room. So, I'd prefer if you can get the original signatures back to me by the deadline. If you absolutely cannot, then I'll accept a PDF emailed to me at perkinsst@gtlaw.com, or a fax to (720) 904-7680.

Remember, you need to be a currently registered USAT member to sign the petition.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Petition [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine's in the mail today

I threw a buck in there to help defray the costs.

Thanks for taking the time.
Last edited by: kac94: Mar 23, 05 12:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job, Steve. I printed a copy and will have originals with at least ten signatures in your hands by next Wednesday.

Lew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One other thing:

If you end up sending me PDFed or faxed signatures, please also send the originals via snail mail. Even if I don't have the originals by April 1, I think I can make a good argument that the copies are legitimate if I have the originals in hand before the petition is considered.

Steve Perkins
Last edited by: steveperx: Mar 23, 05 14:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will get some sig.'s from me.

I will fax, then snail mail as a back up. I'll throw in some money.

Got your email and fax--do I have an address? Can you post one for us to send to?

Fight the good fight...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Petition [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me make clear that I'm not asking for donations to cover any costs associated with the Petition. If you'd like to send a contribution, I'll hold on to it for use if I end up having to (and deciding to) file a lawsuit to overturn this Proposal. If the federation invalidates the Proposal, or I feel a lawsuit is not the right move, I'll send the money back.

Home Address
Steve Perkins
610 Detroit St.
Denver, Colorado 80206

Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know you didn't ask for cash, but I thought the least I could do was throw in a buck.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Petition [kac94] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's much appreciated.

One more thing. Please send signature pages to either:

Steve Perkins
610 Detroit St.
Denver, Colorado 80206

OR

Stephen B. Perkins
Greenberg Traurig, LLP
1200 17th St., Suite 2400
Denver, Colorado 80202

Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once you reach the link and read through the document. The signature page is pg. 18/19.

Steve, take the donations, best $ I've spent in a long time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a clarification--

Do we need to fax you back a full copy of the petition plus the sig. pages, or are just the signed sig. pages by themselves ok? Same case for the snail mail follow up pages?

Then, can we fax/send you multiple pages of the 'page 1' signature page? In other words, can we send you 4 copies of page 1, each with five original signatures? or not? or something different?

Thanks again!

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Petition [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think just the sig pages are sufficient. I also think it matters not whether you send 10 different sigs on the same page, or 10 different sigs on 10 different pages. As long as I get the 10 different sigs, I doubt it matters.

Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The other "petitionable" items in the bylaws require name, address, day/evening phone numbers, e-mail address, membership number and expiration date. This type of petition doesn't seem to require it, but it might not hurt to include this information.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Petition [ea6bnfo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which bylaws are you referencing?

Steve Perkins
Last edited by: steveperx: Mar 23, 05 15:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah... I see. Standard Initiative under Article XXI, Section 4.a.3 and Special Initiative under 4.b.3 require:
  • name,
  • address,
  • day and evening phone numbers,
  • email address and
  • membership number

of persons signing the petition.

The nomination petition for a non-incumbant General Director position (Article XXI, Section 7.a.2.e requires the preceding bulleted items and the expiration date of the signatory's membership.

Maybe you're right, signatories should put all that information on the sig page.

Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve: Nice job writing up the petition. I've downloaded the sign up sheet as per the updated thread. Three or four signatures should be in the mail tomorrow afternoon.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very nice job on this thing, steve. i know the feeling, my friend. i should be able to get you quite a lot of signatures at the fixapalooza.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply