Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED VO4
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone,

I am in the market for a new bike and have just seen the new HED VO4 TT bike. It looks great and is a really good price. But before I head down to the LBS, does anybody know of any reviews of this bike I can read or better still have any of you ridden one and therfore have any positive/negative comments?

Any help appreciated
Tommo
Quote Reply
Re: HED VO4 [tommo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know a few people that have got the V03. The V04 has an imrpoved carbo reaer end and slightly different fork. You also get a saddle thrown and at least over here in the UK it's great value. It's made in very small numbers and is road slack geometry so try before you buy !!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom D has a great review of the V03 frame on his bikesport michagan webpage. The V04 is the same frame as the V03 with a full carbon rear triangle versus the carbon seat stays on the V03. Plus you get the carbon saddle with teh V04 and yeah, the price sure was nice. Light frame as well and beautiful fork. You gotta like matte black though. I was checking one out but I ride way to steep to fit it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I owned a Vo3. A search would give you seom detailed info.

IMO..if you do shorter distance races and TT, it's a great bike for a slacker seat position. If you're an half to iron distance racer who ride steeper then 76 degrees, there are better options avialable. It's not a very comfortable ride, but it's fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got no firsthand experience, but it seems odd to leave exposed shift cables running down both sides of the downtube, but running them through a fatter headtube. Although probably a microscopic aero factor, it doesn't look as clean on an aero machine (IMO). That is my only cosmetic complaint. I don't mind the matte black stealth look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The VO4 is going to have a bigger production run than the VO3s… should see more of them around. The ‘4’ has carbon seat-stays, different front fork, and head-tudes that have various sizes (VO3 were all the same size). The color scheme is again flat ‘stealth’ black with white lettering. For the money, it is a VERY good value.

JB
Quote Reply