Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking at used wheels?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at picking up a set of used Rolf Vector Pros. 700c Clincher. I've borrowed and raced on a set before and think they're great wheels. And at $225 they seem like a good price and are in the range of what I'm willing to spend now. Rolf left Trek and started Rolf Prima in '02, so these are minimum 6 years old.

What questions should I be asking/What should I be looking for? The owner claims they're true w/ no dings, is that enough? Do I need to ask about the hubs, if so what? If it matters, I'm only 150 and ride a Softride Roadwing.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking at used wheels? [one_lap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing beats looking at them...
It is hard to get a good sense of a wheel without having them in your hands...

Having said that I have those wheels and love them.
And they are bomb proof, very much overbuilt
I know someone that raced cross on them without any problem.

good luck
Quote Reply
Re: Looking at used wheels? [one_lap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a set of Vector Pros. Loved them. Quick and durable. I got mine used, used them for two years for training and racing. Never came out of true. Stiff ride, though. I ended up getting some Rolf Sesteires. These have also been great wheels, light for climbing and plenty quick for me.

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply