Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Taking my stress fracture to Florida 1/2 at Disney...Hotel suggestions
Quote | Reply
I need some hotel suggestions for the FL 1/2 at Disney. I don't want to pay $230/night and stay in Disney. Haven't really done any searching yet but figured someone out here might know somewhere. Something reasonable. I would assume I can get something for under $65 a night and avoid those damn water-bugs (i.e., cockroaches) you have in FL. The closer to Disney the better. I know this will up the price. Also anybody that had experience with this race last year fill me in on the entrance requirements to the park. Such as, how far do I have to walk from the gate entrance to the TA, is there a bus that will shuttle, etc. Any information would be great.

BTW, Delta flights are extremely low right now getting into Orlando. So if you haven't picked up tickets I'd suggest taking a look. Lowest I've seen in nearly 3 months.
Quote Reply
Re: Taking my stress fracture to Florida 1/2 at Disney...Hotel suggestions [Burt'sH2OBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're sure to find something in your price range off of US 192. You can probably just search US 192 and hotel and get a lot of info. Pretty close to Disney. I didn't do the race so I don't have any insight on anything else.

Bri Gaal
One Step Beyond
http://www.osbmultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Taking my stress fracture to Florida 1/2 at Disney...Hotel suggestions [Burt'sH2OBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I need some hotel suggestions for the FL 1/2 at Disney. I don't want to pay $230/night and stay in Disney. Haven't really done any searching Also anybody that had experience with this race last year fill me in on the entrance requirements to the park. Such as, how far do I have to walk from the gate entrance to the TA, is there a bus that will shuttle, etc. Any information would be great.

I dunno about the hotel room... my wife rented one of the cabins @ fort wilderness for us again... being that close to the race was awesome last year. ther is literally no where to park near the T/A or expo or whatever the walk from the parking lot is far... and sucks. I don't remember a shuttle.

I have a big ass transition bag... I packed all my stuff around in that & rode my QR wherever I neede to go for the most part.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat. Don't want to spend the big bucks to stay on the property. It appears that the days leading up to the race and race morning are going to be a logistical nightmare with parking concerns, shuttle buses, etc. According to what I've read, race morning shuttles will be available from the parking lots for those that pre-racked their bikes. For those that didn't, no shuttle bus from the parking lots, but they will allow you to park and ride your bike to transition. I'm looking at a Radisson Resort about a mile from the main Disney gate for about $100 night.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used priceline.com last year and ended up in a hotel just off the Disney property. Sorry, but I don't remember what the name of it was.

The parking/shuttle bus thing was definitely a pain, but only after the race. As I recall, the bus schedules were different on Sundays and I couldn't drive my car into the Ft. Wilderness area, so I had a hard time linking back up with my wife after I rode my bike to the car after the race.

Before the race it was not difficult at all to park in one of the satellite lots and catch the shuttle to the race area.
Quote Reply