PC's and ILT
Quote | Reply
 I do not know the cost of PC's but they could make isolated leg power

training much easier by getting rid of the inconvenience of the idling

rotating crank.
Quote Reply
Re: PC's and ILT [perfection] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I apologize if I am missing something, or misinterpreting your post, but are you saying that PCs make isolated leg power training easier since the opposite crank arm stays out of the way? It is true, if you choose to ride them that way, and if this is what you were talking about.

But, if this is what you were talking about, why would you ride them this way? Why not do isolated leg power training with each leg simultaneously by using PCs and pedalling in the normal synchronized fashion?

Again, I hope I'm reading your post correctly, but PCs provide isolated power training for each leg as you ride, and that seems to me to be the main beneficial characteristic of training on PCs....isolated leg training of each leg with each and every pedal stroke. There is no need to let one leg hang "out of the way" while the other leg is being trained.

There are intelligent people that insist the isolated leg drill idea is at least a waste of time, and may even be a hinderance to cycling performance. I disagree with them. I think leg isolation training is worth every revolution. I'm certain leg isolation training has been the key to significantly improved cycling and running performances for me.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Last edited by: yaquicarbo: Jul 13, 03 18:37
Quote Reply