Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wetsuit as a washroom ???
Quote | Reply
What are the consequences of going to the washroom in your wetsuit during a race? Any issue with post-race smell or stains?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit as a washroom ??? [charcoalway] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ummmmmmm other than brand spanking new, I don't think there's a wetsuit in the world that hasn't been pissed in at least once. I get the urge as soon as I hit the water.

Wizzing in your suit won't do it any harm. Just rinse after you swim and use some wetsuit shampoo every once in a while.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
washroom - nice word choice.

Everybody goes in their wetsuit. It's not christened until you do. You really can't say it's yours until you've personalized it. Besides, once you've put it on, are you really going to take it off to pee? Just get out there for your warmup and take a moment. Stretch the neck out and flush some water down it. Mine still smells like neoprene.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure I've gone in mine before I even got into the water on at least one occasion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never have, but I know EVERYONE apparently does. Oh well. Sounds kind of gross, but after following someone peeing on the bike at IMF, i guess nothing phases me anymore.

berndog
How did we all get sucked into this crazy sport anyway?!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, just thinking about wearing a wetsuit makes me have to go. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was thinking about this the other day when someone mentioned renting a wetsuit. Based on the responses so far I am glad I forked out the cash and bought my own.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit as a washroom ??? [berndog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope I didn't get you. But you shouldn't have been so close. NO DRAFTING!

'It makes no sense for me to apologize for being an asshole. For acting like an asshole, yes, I'd fall on my sword for that. But how can one apologize for one's state of being?' - Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When everyone is standing waist deep "surveying the course", what did you think they were doing? That's why there's a mad sprint at the start. To get away from the giant piss pool. Letting go while swimming takes a little more practice and going on the bike is only for advanced folks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I "washroomed" in a scuba wetsuit one time and forgot to rinse it. Lesson learned. It smelled bad and I really had to soap and water it later. Always rinse a wetsuit ASAP.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit as a washroom ??? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I "washroomed" in a scuba wetsuit one time and forgot to rinse it. Lesson learned. It smelled bad and I really had to soap and water it later. Always rinse a wetsuit ASAP.
OHHHH thats nothing. A friend took me diving once in Scotland and I pissed in a drysuit he loaned me....we were down for over an hour and I just couldn't hold it any longer.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Urine makes neoprene turn black.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit as a washroom ??? [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I pissed in a drysuit he loaned me"

A diver I know crapped in one on a dive. He couldn't hold it either! Now that's really disgusting.
Quote Reply