Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt B2 2005 question...
Quote | Reply
Okay, I have a new 2005 Felt B2. I love the bike. It fits great, rides great and is a real beauty. I've been making minor tweaks and adjustments since I picked up the bike and have been putting miles on it, but one thing still persists to be a problem. I can't manage to keep the seat post from slipping. Each ride subsequently ends with the seat at its lowest point. My question...

Are there factory specs to which the seat post clamp should be tightened? I have been tightening the thing pretty darn tight, but I am a bit nervous to go too tight because I am concerned about damaging the carbon fiber aero seat post. Should this be a concern? Should I just hand tighten it as much as I can? Or can I tighten it with a torque wrench to specs?

Thanks for the help.

Colin (yet another)
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B2 2005 question... [scubadvr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you greased the seatpost, perhaps? A carbon post doesn't need lubrication. If not, then I would suggest tightening with a torque wrench at the manufacturers recommendations. If, this is not successful take the bike back to the shop to have a seat binder checked.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A local pro just told me the other day that FELT is having issues with the clamp. Contact FELT to see what they are proposing as a solution...
Last edited by: TargetGoingLong: Mar 16, 05 17:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave works for Felt and is on this forum quite a lot He's very knowledgeable and helpful guy. Perhaps ask him what to do...Just don't ask any "dumb" questions, he'll chew you a new one. Nyuck nyuck.
Last edited by: tripoet: Mar 16, 05 14:10
Quote Reply