Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nike $100 Voucher
Quote | Reply
I returned some defective shoes to Nike and I now have a $100 voucher for use at the online store at nike.com. I have always liked nike shoes for general training and short distances. But I have never used any Nikes for longer runs. I am looking for something I can do half marathons in. Anyone have any suggestions?

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: Nike $100 Voucher [stallion1031] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At niketown.com you can customize shoes with "Nike ID." Pick your style/material/color/etc. Pretty cool. I've run long distances with both the Air Pegasus 2000 and the Air Moto III (a marathon-distance shoe) and like them both (each work for my neutral foot). I'm happy with both and the customization is nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IF you are a neutral runner...the Zoom Elite or the Zoom Miler are good choices for shoes in that department...not flats, but certainly not the overblown MAX or SHOX models...just enough cushion to make long miles comfortable, but still nice and flexible, with a curved last, for responsive running. If you can find older models...the Zoom Swift or Zoom Swift Vapor are good shoes in the same vein...but have been discontinued...they morphed back into the Zoom Elites, near as I can tell...

Frankly, the Pegasus is and has been Nike's best running shoe for nearly two decades. With the exception of a couple of revisions along the way when they got sidetracked...its been a light, neutral, responsive shoe...and if you want a stripped down shoe for racing...the Pegasus Racer is a great 1/2 Marathon or Marathon shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was skeptical of the SHOX Line until I bought the 2:45's at my local running store. They are the best trainer I've ever owned, bar none. Light, nice ride, perfect amount of cushioning. They are only good for neutral feet though.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike $100 Voucher [trier43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did that with Air Zoom Spiridons. I really couldn't think of something catchy to put on them. I ended up putting my first name on one and my last on the other. Afterwards, I figured what I should have done - put 'left' on the right shoe and 'right' on the left. I chose colors to match my bike and cycling shoes - Sidi T1, red bike.

I like the shoes but now I'm more of a forefoot stiker, so the caged-air heel is of little value.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply