Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

race director in panama city beach area
Quote | Reply
Hi - I have some sponsors who are interested in putting on a tri in the Panama City Beach area (more specificially Santa Rosa Beach). I'm looking for a race director to tackle the logistics. If you are interested, or know someone who is, please shoot me a PM.

Cheers!
~geek
Quote Reply
Re: race director in panama city beach area [irongeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
geek--Did you post this once before? If so, I PM's TOm Ziebart with it. It's what he does. If not, PM him. Nice guy and been around the block. He can even get you some swim course buoys that are completely invisible in daylight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
or call this number:

Emerald Coast Sprint Triathlon Series 6, Race 1
Saturday, Apr. 23, 2005
Panama City Beach, 850.784.9542

I think if you try to close down Hwy 30A for a bike leg though you are likely to get lynched.

Quote Reply
Re: race director in panama city beach area [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as you don't try to close down 30-A in the middle of The Season, it's doable. Seaside Half Marathon closes the road between Seaside and Gulf Trace in late February, Sandestin tri in late August uses the road for part of their bike course, and they used to have a 30-A based tri in the mid-late 90s in the fall that was sponsored in part by the TDC.

In terms of local RDs, it seems like the Knights were cutting back even before Charlie died, the Dragon Sports crew got sick of the bureaucracy, and the McSheehys seem to only want to run Destin Crab Trap. Might be worth getting in touch with Bill Burke out of Louisiana. He's now running a couple of the Pensacola races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give me a call at 407-765-9608. Would love to do a race in Pencacola! I was the RD for a race on the navy base back in 1991. Great area! Tom Ziebart
Quote Reply
Re: race director in panama city beach area [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks gang!
Quote Reply