Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

polar wearlink question
Quote | Reply
i just purchased a polar S620i and it came with the standard (old school) chest transmitter. if i were to buy a wearlink transmitter separately, would it be compatible with my hrm? or is my old school transmitter that came with my hrm coded to be the only compatible device with my hrm (receiver)? thanks in advance for any knowledgeable posters coming fwd...
Quote Reply
Re: polar wearlink question [giantracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe that any coded strap is compatible...this would include the wearlink, I changed my plastic transmitter for a wearlink on my 725...no probs so far

Trizilla...My local bike shop a few thousand Ks away

Speed Hurts ...How fast do you want to go
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would suggest that since the wearlink straps are available seperately, that they are compatible with older generation HRMs. Plus, I seem to recall reading that they are compatible.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: polar wearlink question [nimbleblade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the good news guys, i've been wanting to try the wearlink for a while now and its good to know that it should still be compatible. i can't believe i didnt specify that i wanted the wearlink when ordering as i'm now learning that they give you the option. oh well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The "new" stock of the Polar S series come with the WearLink tranmitters. If ordering a new HRM you might want to call and make sure you are getting the new stuff. I ordered two S210's from Performance and ended up with two of the old ones. I called tech support and they took my info so they could call when the bin full of old stock was empty. Two days later I got the call, bought two more and when they arrived I returned the old ones.

Tied up my money for a few weeks and took some work but well worth it. It is definately a new deal since the packaging still is designed for the hard plastic T61 transmitter but the wearlink belts are just shoved in there with a sticker on the outside of the box.

Same price for old or new stock by the way.

Michael

Drafting is for the weak...

Tri2Hover...making flat coke since September 9, 2006.
Quote Reply