Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I got "slushed" today.......(Hey Monk)
Quote | Reply
About 10 inches of slush just sitting there in the middle of the road waiting to be dispersed. Along comes a big ass truck with a thousand wheels. Talk about a cold ass dirty shower. (I did enjoy it in a weird of way). You warm weather people don't know what you are missing out on! Hey Monk, do you have a picture on a treadmill you post?...not
Quote Reply
Re: I got "slushed" today.......(Hey Monk) [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the spirit. These people who live where it's sunny and 70F all the time, don't know what they are missing.

I love winter if for no other reason than it makes the warm days of spring and summer that much more enjoyable and luxerious!

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: I got "slushed" today.......(Hey Monk) [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How true is that. I REALLY appreciate the first few days of spring when it starts to warm up. And I even "enjoy" running through those big slushy water puddles in the spring. Not sure why, maybe because I know by that time the snow is DOOOOMED. muhahahahahaha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had 26 years of Canadian winters and I am never going back. This morning I went mountain biking in northwest Phoenix (straight from my house, no driving). I rode through the most amazing wildflowers I have ever seen here. And, not another human being on the whole ride (I did see coyotes, rabbits, a hawk, and some prairiie dog type critters).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple of years ago I was running on my lunch break under a highway overpass and got nailed by a big splash of filthy, wet road gunk from above. Soaked me to the bone. But what the hell can you do? You keep going. Nothing can stop me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You were running or biking? I grew up in New England. I lived in Boston when they had back to back snow Storms of the Century--I think that was the winiter of 77-78.

That was the year I moved to Florida.

Let me explain how that works. I didn't like where I was, so I went somewhere else!
Quote Reply
Re: I got "slushed" today.......(Hey Monk) [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm.....you may be on to something there......

You mean I don't have to live in over-crowded, super-congested, cold and dreary, totally flat, urban-sprawl mecca Long Island? I'm free to go anywhere I want????

I'm going to have to give this some thought? I wonder of my wife's aware of this???
Quote Reply
Re: I got "slushed" today.......(Hey Monk) [tryemdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< You mean I don't have to live in over-crowded, super-congested, cold and dreary, totally flat, urban-sprawl mecca Long Island? I'm free to go anywhere I want???? >>

Indeed! You can live in the over-crowded, super-congested, hot and humid, totally flat, urban-sprawl mecca Florida instead.

It's a VERY nice place to visit (particularly from Jan - Mar), but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Not that I'd wanna live on LI either. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Sorry for ya, man. I can't even say it's a nice place to visit, cuz it's not. (Places like the Hamptons and Montauk excluded. Of course, ya hafta "visit" the rest of LI to get to those, so I'll pass...)

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: Mar 11, 05 12:07
Quote Reply
Re: I got "slushed" today.......(Hey Monk) [tryemdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think Florida is the best place to live in the world, but we can at least boast that "Murphy's Law" does not live here and there is no threat of him coming!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<< but we can at least boast that "Murphy's Law" does not live here and there is no threat of him coming! >>

Ah, that's a hollow promise - the threat is real! I was there last month in fact.

The outlaws live in Palm Harbor, so we took the wee one to see her Grandma. JetBlue $79. Sweeeeet.

Great place to run (flat FLAT FLAT!!!!) but I think it would suck big-time to bike there all the time..... (assuming you don't fall asleep waiting for one of the traffic lights to turn) zzzZZZZzzzz....

Check back w/ me in July or August. We'll chat then about how swell it is in Fla. ;-) ...not that NY is a picnic then either... ;-p

I got slushed today whilst running. Refreshing! It was like eating a York Peppermint Patty.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: I got "slushed" today.......(Hey Monk) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I grew up in Colorado, but live in Florida. I have never had to shovel my car out from under 3 feet of humidity in the morning to get to work (since I have lived here, that is).

I don't care if I never see another friggin' snowflake again in my life.
Last edited by: tri_bri2: Mar 11, 05 13:26
Quote Reply
Re: I got "slushed" today.......(Hey Monk) [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< I have never had to shovel my car out from under 3 feet of humidity in the morning to get to work >>

Yes, but it's a dry heat.... not.

I bet there are times it felt like you needed a shovel to cut the humidity.

PS - there's this thing, attached to your house, you put your car(s), and your bike(s), etc. in it so they don't get snow on 'em. Called a 'garage' I think.

<< I don't care if I never see another friggin' snowflake again in my life >>

At the moment I am inclined to agree with you. Although it was kinda pretty running thru the lightly wafting snowflakes today.

Have a great weekend all, I'm out. It's beer-thirty. : )

/M

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My son left for Florida this morning for a swim camp in Islamorada. I was just a little Jealous dropping him at the airport. He gets to go away and I just get to pay for it. It's freezing cold, snowing and damp in the great white north today. Florida sounds pretty damn good to me right about now or Bermuda or mexico or...

J
Quote Reply