Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ralphs, then AZ
Quote | Reply
Is anyone else doing Ralph's, then Arizona 3 weeks later?

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: Ralphs, then AZ [je] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just doing Ralph's. But I have to think that the three week gap is fine for recovery before Ariz. I think the main thought is you do Ralph's as a glorified training session w/ great support, leaving something in the tank for the full IM, if that is your intention.
Last edited by: the sheik: Mar 10, 05 10:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am doing both. Much like the sheik mentioned Ralph's will be nice training and mark the beginning of the taper for IMAZ. There are several others that I train with who are doing the same.

----------------------------------------------------

Formally azclydesdale, back in Northeast Ohio.
Quote Reply
Re: Ralphs, then AZ [the sheik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a hard time deciding on whether to do Ralphs or to do a last long ride. Having done both IM's there and the three half's they've had since then, I decided to keep the string going. I knew that if I wasn't there, I would be bummed out wishing I was.

Jeff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for both. Ralph's begins my taper.

'It makes no sense for me to apologize for being an asshole. For acting like an asshole, yes, I'd fall on my sword for that. But how can one apologize for one's state of being?' - Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am racing both, Smartasscoach will be in both too, but just watching ;-)

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not knowing the exact history, why did they move Ralph's from a full IM to a half? I assumed that in the near future they would be moving Ralph's from a half to a full because there is no IMNA race that is a full on the west coast, particularly San Diego--arguably the granddaddy spot of triathlon. Could they not support a full back in the day?
Quote Reply
Re: Ralphs, then AZ [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am doing the Big Daddy Triathlon in Chattanooga two weeks out. 65 mile heavy climbing bike course, 13 mile mostly hardcore trail run, followed by a nasty alcoholic beverage. Start: March 26 at 8am on Lookout Mtn TN.
No entry fee, no course markings, old school bragging rights event.
Perfect taper event for IMAZ.
:-)
Herbert
Litespeed/QR
Quote Reply
Re: Ralphs, then AZ [the sheik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< why did they move Ralph's from a full IM to a half?

my understanding, and this is second hand news, is that IMNA needed a 5 year committment from Camp Pendleton Marine Corp base to stage the event on Base property and the USMC could not commit to something that far in advance since the Base command changes every couple of years. The current Base Commander at the time was all for it, but could not commit resouces that a future Base Commander would have to live up to.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Ralphs, then AZ [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeeet!!! and what would the beverage of choice be? Sounds like fun... hope the weather holds up for you... and the knee too. :-) See ya in a week.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Ralphs, then AZ [aus_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since I don't drink at all, I am not really a good judge. But it has varied from times between beer and something called "apple death."
Sounds neat, doesn't it.
Herbert
Litespeed/QR
FYI this event has brought a pro triathlete (who shall remain unnamed) to tears before. But let me assure you, the tears came because the event is very tough and had nothing to do with the beverage.
Quote Reply
Re: Ralphs, then AZ [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm "apple death" you say... geez sounds like apple cider that got half drunk at Halloween and then somehow got lost in the back of the fridge for 5 months and fermented itself into something horrid. Must be one of those drinks that they say puts hair on one's chest.... I think ill pass on that one. :-)

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply