Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Arione tri saddle on road bike?
Quote | Reply
Anyone using this saddle on their regular road bike? I am just wondering how it compares to the regular arione with its greater padding. I am more a fan of curved saddles and the regular arione is a touch too flat. I am thinking the tri version might work but would love any feedback.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Arione tri saddle on road bike? [Bdaghisallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using my Arione Tri on my road bike. Have put about 20 hours on it so far. (Kept the SI SLR T1 on the TT bike). Pretty decent saddle, but wouldn't be my first choice for a road saddle. I ride a pretty aggressive drop on my road bike, so perhaps the extra padding helps, but I never used a regular Arione to compare....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one on my Kestrel and am pretty happy with it. The extra padding does make the saddle a bit wider than I like, but is nice for longer rides. I perfer the Airone for olympic rides and the airone tri for anything longer.

Tilden

----------
"...it should be swim, bike, run, cage fight." - el fuser
"I noticed that I am in your sig line! Wow! That's s first for me. Thanks." - Fleck
Quote Reply
Re: Arione tri saddle on road bike? [tildenm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why not just get the Arione and put on a QR or DeSoto cover for 1/2 to full IM rides ....

Quote | Reply
Suggestion: Take a look at the Fizik Gobi.

I purchased one to eventually put on my MTB, but temporarily put it on my TT bike while I was waiting for my Arione Tri to arrive. I found it to be very comfortable, and still have not put the Arione Tri on yet.

Here's how they compare (my opinion):

Same wingflex as the Arione & Arione Tri.

Similar weight (250 vs 230 grams)

Same usable length - the Gobi just doesn't have that rear point, but nobody is going to sit that far back.

More padding in the nose than the Arione, but still narrower than the Arione Tri.

Slightly curved rear of the saddle - good for those who don't like flat saddles.

Similar to lower cost, depending on where you get it.

Quote Reply