Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Water or Sweat in my Typhoon
Quote | Reply
I have noticed a disturbing trend that I have never notices with my other bikes (Kestrel 4000 and KM 40). After coming back from any ride over an hour and flipping my bike upside down to hang it up, I find water coming out from the clamp on my seat tube/post ( I believe more comes out as the ride increases to the 3-4 hour mark). The last time I rode in the rain was over 3 weeks ago and I took out the seat post to let it dry out and used a hair drier on it. I was told by my LBS that the water that was still coming out was most likely from that ride in the rain and could not be from sweat. I was thinking that it was my sweat running down the seat post into the seat tube. Either way, I need to get it all out, even though the bike is titanium, this can not be beneficial. Does anyone have a sure fire way to stop this or if it is my sweat do I just have to repeat this daily ritual of letting the water drip out?
Quote Reply
Re: Water or Sweat in my Typhoon [Greg Hartman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it really is water left from the rain, then you can get it out by removing the cranks and the bottom bracket and using an air hose or something to really dry out the tubes. Then clean and lube the BB and put it all back together. I hadn't heard of sweat doing that, but I have had rain water hang around for a long time. It gets trapped in the stays and other places and just doesn't always drain out through the seat tube. Good luck.

Jacquie Mardell

USA Triathlon certified coach
ASCA/USA Swimming certified coach
http://www.ladolcevelo.com

Quote Reply