Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo Soloist
Quote | Reply
I am thinking about buying a new bicycle and caught between the cervelo soloist and the argon 18 radon t3. I was wondering how well the sloist can do being put into a tri position or tt position. I have heard that it is the best conversionbike from road to tri/tt? Is this true? How would you all review the soloist?

David Jaques

ASC

david
asc-arizona state cycling
tribemultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Soloist [deetsay00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I own a P2K but I have a Soloist in the basement right now that I'm babysitting for a friend who is in the process of moving. He had a P2K previously and is just as fast on the Soloist but has the versatility of it also being a road bike. Actually, he sold his road bike and P2K to simplify with just one bike.

It's very easy to convert for tri. Jst flip the seat post top part around, although I'd get another part mounted with another seeat to even simplify further.

You can do similiar conversions with any compact frame road bike by changing to a neutral set back seat post but the Soloist also has the advantage of genuine aero tubing.

It's the best choice of a dual purpose bike available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See: http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/reviews/soloist.shtml

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have owned two Soloists and rode one predominantly in the road position and the other predominantly in the triathlon position. I liked it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
see simon lessing's results from last year. He smoked every body on one at lake placid and a number of other races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey brother -

i ride a soloist for tris and am very, very happy with it. it's more set up like an ITU rig, really: i race short-course and sometimes draft-legal, for what it's worth. it'd probably opt for something steeper for longer races, but that's a personal thing. anyway, i've got the seat head flipped forward (though i agree with the others that i'll probably buy a dedicated seatpost - in carbon - to leave forward and use the alu one for road w/ a heavier saddle, to save hassle) and a pair of cinelli spinacci lites on there. great ride - comfy, stiff, nimble. thumbs up!

ask if there's anything specific you're after -

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I loved mine for road, didn't for aero position (couldn't get steep enough). If they were evenly priced, I'd trade my Colnago C40hp back for a Soloist.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply